VidMob is an award-winning Intelligent Creative Platform that provides an end-to-end technology solution for all a brand’s creative needs. It is an integrated platform combining first-of-a-kind creative analytics with best-in-class creative production to understand and improve marketing effectiveness.
We seek candidates that are curious, collaborative and committed to excellence. We take every hire seriously and only choose seriously talented team members. We care deeply about our employees and are dedicated to making VidMob an exceptional company to work for. VidMob is proud to offer comprehensive health plans paid for by the company, enhanced Maternity/Paternity Programs and unlimited vacation plans. We also provide employees with access to 401K plans, healthy food and snacks, and pre-taxed transit.
VidMob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
VidMob engineers develop a first-in-class operating system for creativity, bringing together the power of data and human creativity to help creators, marketers, non-profits, and more to thrive in the era of scaled digital creative. We are a high-performing team with a strong, positive culture. These are the tenets of engineering at VidMob:
- Continued improvement of our products, our organizations, and ourselves
- Outcomes over outputs; delivered value is more important than lines code, sprint points, hours, or other metrics
- Ownership of success; we are individually responsible for our success as a group; we take our commitments very seriously
- Our opportunity deserves urgency and care
- We value our colleagues; we are collaborative and supportive and embrace diversity
- We build for the user; the needs of the user are our inspiration and our arbiter of success
Who We’re Seeking
We are looking for an experienced engineer who can take the lead in ensuring that our API is a first class product. You have experience with building and maintaining APIs, not just for internal use but also as a powerful tool for the rest of the world. You understand what characteristics an API must have and what other support it needs to be most valuable to its consumers. You care about your work and how it affects your team, the product, and our customers. You have demonstrated technical leadership. You are proactive with a natural desire to improve the product and your career. You communicate well, early and often. There’s no guessing where you are now, where you are going, and if there are any obstacles. You have a passion for quality and an eye for detail. You obsess over the usability and delivered value of the product you are building; you have a strong appreciation for the user’s perspective. You love to create.
- You have 8+ years of backend or full-stack development experience
- You have significant experience developing and supporting a public API
- You have a clear understanding of the principles of good API design
- You have a strong familiarity with the technologies and patterns commonly used to create APIs, and with the ways to weave those together for maximum effect; in particular, you are familiar with ways to deliver a unified API backed by a distributed implementation
- You are able to translate user stories and feature requirements into clear, actionable, small tasks; you can provide reasonable estimates for the amount of work involved; and you can work with all stakeholders to discover the right solution
- You can transition smoothly and easily among high-level planning, task breakdown, reviewing others work, and your own implementation tasks
- You can clearly communicate complex concepts both verbally and in writing, to both technical and non-technical audiences; you make meetings worthwhile, as the organizer and/or a participant
- You write well designed, readable, testable, and scalable code in accordance with clean code principles and team consensus. You keep solutions simple when possible, and know how to encapsulate complexity when it’s necessary
- You value collaboration and teamwork; you seek consensus, but are comfortable making decisions when called to do so
- You are eager to teach and empower you co-workers and have experience in scaling adoption of new technologies and / or skills across an engineering organization
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for the overall quality of our APIs, from features to usability to performance. You will take the lead in high-level architectural discussions to balance the needs of users, desires of engineers, established standards, and technology constraints. You will collaborate to set internal standards and establish guidelines for others that develop and support our APIs. You will leverage your own talent and experience to help others grow. You will ensure that the documentation that people need is available to them, and in a way that is most useful to them.
- Identify API-related issues and/or topics that need to be addressed, and organize and lead discussion about them; create actionable plans as needed
- Work with other engineers that build and use our APIs to ensure quality and consistency
- Work with our QA team to ensure that our API is well tested via automated tools
- Proactively communicate internally and externally to share important information about our APIs (such as deprecations, new functionality, etc.)
- Define and drive how we document our APIs, and where and how we publish that documentation
- Work with external API consumers/stakeholders to ensure that our APIs have a high value to them
- Contribute to the vision of future versions of our APIs; determine a path to get from where we are to where we want to be
- You will be a senior member of an engineering team; participate in sprint (and other) planning meetings; deliver on your commitments each sprint and enable others to do the same
VidMob’s engineering department is based in Pittsfield, MA. Hires will have the option to work remotely or in the office