Our work in education is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development. We’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work to help every young person enter adulthood with the skills and abilities they need to reach their full potential — and equip every teacher with the tools and research they need to help students get there.
We know that when students feel supported, cared for, and understood, they thrive. Now more than ever, teachers and students need efficient and supportive tools to ensure education is anchored in relationships and well-being. Along is a free, web-based, digital reflection tool designed to make it easier for teachers to help each student feel seen and understood. Using research-informed resources, Along provides a meaningful space where teachers and students can share one-on-one reflections through video, audio, or text and dive into important topics — such as managing stress, staying motivated, and navigating the new challenges these times present.
This manager will lead a growing team of engineers (4-8) that are responsible for user acquisition/activation and the tooling/product infrastructure needed to support scale. They will partner closely with product, design, data, legal, marketing, our partners at Gradient Learning, and other cross-functional teams to grow a brand-new product, a unique challenge in the education space.
- Manage and lead a team of full-stack engineers focused on user growth and scalability
- Help to establish engineering culture and best practices
- Recruit and grow the skills of all engineers, at all levels, and establish a productive and inclusive team culture
- Ensure the team’s ability to collect and synthesize project requirements, create effective roadmaps, and ship high-quality products
- Build organizational capacity to support growth of a new product
- 5+ years experience managing software engineers
- Experience scaling a modern web application
- Ability to hold your own in technical conversations, contribute to software design decisions, and support engineers in growing both their skills and their careers
- Worked with an interdisciplinary team to develop product requirements and deliver software solutions