About the team
The Finance & Accounting team at StockX brings together expertise from some of the worldâs top marketplace companies. The team is composed of finance, revenue, accounting, tax, treasury, and payroll professionals committed to making StockX a phenomenal place to work, grow and learn. The team operates in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. We are working to put into place the right systems and processes to scale as StockX grows. We work cross-functionally across the business and teams to build a strong sense of trust and partnership, improve processes and align with the multifaceted needs of StockX. From FP&A and Payroll to Revenue, and Accounts Payable, the Finance & Accounting team is core to our business and spans around the globe from Detroit and the San Francisco Bay Area, to London and Singapore and many places in between.
About the role
StockX is seeking a highly analytical Senior Financial Analyst to support our Operations Team. This position is responsible for planning and analyzing all operating and capital expenses for the company including formal planning cycles, monthly budget vs actual analysis, and a variety of ad hoc projects. This role will have a high degree of visibility with department leaders within the organization along with finance, accounting, and data teams.
We are seeking individuals with strong finance skills coupled with sound business judgment and effective communication. Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential to this role.
What you’ll do
- Create meaningful analyses by collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data that leads to business improvements and cost reductions
- Drive process improvements and automated solutions
- Work directly with departmental leaders to plan operating and capital expenses as part of our formal planning cycles
- Define and communicate financial planning policies and processes (forecast, budget, actuals, business reviews)
- Facilitate effective leadership reviews, manage communication with stakeholders and monitor closure of follow-up items
- Stay close to departmental KPIs – highlighting wins and challenges to key stakeholders
- Partner across Operations, Transportation and Supply Chain to drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance
- Bachelorâs Degree in a Business Field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc.)
- 2-4 Years of experience in Public Accounting, FP&A, or relevant field
- Experience working directly with Company leadership in planning exercises and business reviews is a plus
- Experience with cloud-based GL and budgeting tools (NetSuite, Intacct, Oracle, SAP, Adaptive Planning, Anaplan, etc) preferred
- Experience implementing a budgeting tool preferred
- Experience in startup environments (e-commerce and/or marketplace a strong plus) preferred
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong grasp of Accrual Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis, and Expense Planning
- Strong Excel skills and ability to create functional and scalable models
- Proven desire to learn and go above and beyond to continuously improve processes and deliverables
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $87,000 to $120,000, plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this position is $104,000 to $130,000 plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation in other geographies may vary.