FineTune is seeking a full-stack engineer to develop on our educational platform. In close partnership with CollegeBoard, we serve millions of high school students and their teachers every day. Our 100% remote team is highly diverse, talented and experienced, with a shared passion for the quality of the product we create and a commitment to being the kind of good-natured team everyone loves to be on.
Here are some qualities we value
- An appreciation of and ability to work cross-culturally as we are a fully distributed, diverse, and inclusive community.
- Responsibility and self-motivation so that we can trust you to work hard without a lot of oversight, but also to reach out for help when needed.
- Highly collaborative and eager to help out other developers, QA and anyone else who needs help. We’re nice to each other and want to keep it that way. Bonus points for a good sense of humor.
- Having sound engineering fundamentals. Writing performant, understandable and maintainable code with robust tests and results in few bugs.
- Desire to continuously, learn, improve and grow.
- Experience in relational schema and data migrations with the ability to optimize indexes and data for database performance