About the team
The Finance & Accounting team at StockX brings together expertise from some of the worldâs top marketplace companies. The team is composed of finance, revenue, accounting, tax, treasury, and payroll professionals committed to making StockX a phenomenal place to work, grow and learn. The team operates in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. We are working to put into place the right systems and processes to scale as StockX grows. We work cross-functionally across the business and teams to build a strong sense of trust and partnership, improve processes and align with the multifaceted needs of StockX. From FP&A and Payroll to Revenue, and Accounts Payable, the Finance & Accounting team is core to our business and spans around the globe from Detroit and the San Francisco Bay Area, to London and Singapore and many places in between.
About the role
StockXâs accounting team is looking for an enthusiastic new addition to the team to serve as Senior Accounts Payable Manager. This position will lead a team of 4 responsible for all invoice processing for organization wide spend. This individual is responsible for ensuring the timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports. The Senior Accounts Payable Manager and team review applicable accounting reports and accounts payable register to ensure accuracy. In addition, you will help to create & improve processes to align with the dynamic needs of the organization. This individual will report directly to the Americaâs Controller.
What you will do
- Design and build a world class global Accounts Payable organization that can efficiently scale with StockXâs hyper growth:
- Supervise and mentor accounts payable team members and other roles added in the future
- Understand the full P2P cycle to quickly identify the source of bottlenecks, problems and drive issues to resolution including impact and risk assessments, status reporting, and more
- Produce, review & analyze reporting that is essential to measuring performance related to invoice processing
- Produce, review & analyze control reports to access accurate data entry
- Make strategic decisions to add & shift resources within processing teams in order to maintain low processing queues
- Ensure all invoice processing activities essential to month end close are completed within specified deadlines
- Assist in month end close and year end audit requests assigned to the AP team
- Develop appropriate KPIs to measure the success of accounts payable Team Members
- Own the Workday Spend Management platform:
- Manage the Workday Spend Management (e.g. add/assist users, make necessary system changes, manage the JE / Expense report approval process, etc.)
- Work closely with Treasury to maximize cash flow and working capital:
- Load all required Vendor banking information into Workday
- Update all Vendors in Workday with the correct payment terms
- Build out required payment forecasting tools
- Process Improvement:
- Work with the Legal & Business Development Teams to put SOPs into place for new vendor creation and acceptance including payment terms, contract requirements, etc.
- Design workflow paths that ensure the appropriate Team Members are approving all company spending and that all required documentation is attached to each invoice
- Partner with business units to keep up to date of changing invoicing needs
- Other tasks and projects including:
- Act as a liaison to address any open invoice processing related matters that need to be solved – Oversee the education of business units to become more familiar with where their spend falls within the general ledger
- Assist in monthly Transaction reconciliation processes for accounts payable sub-ledger
- Consistently review AP sub-ledger for aging, credit or other issues
- Handle ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Controller
- Minimum of 7 years experience in accounts payable or similar role
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience with accounts payable or similar team
- Understanding of Workday Expense and invoicing modules preferred
- Strong planning, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze high volumes of information and multiple process streams
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $xx to $xx, plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Pursuant to the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this position is $xx to $xx plus opportunities for benefits (e.g., medical, dental), equity and discretionary bonuses. Compensation in other geographies may vary.