The Senior Marketing Events Manager will plan, manage and execute the ExtraHop national events strategy, including trade shows, virtual events and sales events. This is a highly collaborative and visible position on the Corporate Marketing team that will require working across many departments within ExtraHop.
ExtraHop is looking to create a world-class brand experience through our events, while also building thought leadership and demand for our differentiated solutions. If you enjoy coming up with creative and eye-catching ways to get a unique value proposition in front of prospects, partners and customers at events across North America and virtually, while executing a plan to maximize ROI from each event, then this position is for you.
- Own the research, evaluation, selection and contracting of national trade shows, virtual events throughout North America, including working with existing success metrics and developing plans for new market segments.
- Align event goals with ExtraHop marketing plans, carrying these business goals through execution and measurement; collaborating effectively with key stakeholders.
- Maintain ownership of the event budget and success metrics, including pre- and post-event planning and reporting.
- Design and manage ExtraHopâs virtual events program, working with SMEs to design engaging content, with demand generation to drive attendance, and executing all program activities. Virtual events should span thought leadership, demand generation events, and customer events.
- Oversee the ExtraHop national sales event program, including the annual Sales Kick-off, Masters Club, and other sales events as needed.
- Execute on-site events, overseeing all logistics, meetings, and executive engagements.
- Own all aspects — internal and external — of event communication plans, coordinating with key internal stakeholders including: executive speakers, Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Demand Gen teams, PR agency, etc.
- Remain current on new trends in in-person event presence, exhibit design, and lead capture and follow up — as well as stay informed on the latest digital event technologies.
- Work with the Demand Gen team and Sales to book and track onsite meetings with customers, prospects and partners.
- Assist with post-event follow up with the Sales team, show evaluations and metrics analysis. Work with Marketing and Sales leadership to create a comprehensive follow up plan to ensure ROI maximization.
- Provide deliverable deadline guidance for logistics and ensure critical deadlines are communicated, tracked and met.
- Manage 3rd party vendors, including but not limited to contracting/PO process, event scheduling, and lead list processing. For in-person events this also includes: booth and assets purchase/rental, design, graphics, video, theater presentations, give-aways, in-booth entertainment, on-site catering, reservations, event planning, etc.
- Manage ExtraHopâs BrightTalk channel.
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience leading and managing trade shows for a technology company
- Experience managing virtual events and/or webinars
- Experience developing and managing a comprehensive, annual corporate event plan and budget
- Experience managing a 3rd party exhibitor agency
- Demonstrated experience with successful event planning (ROI proof in the form of awareness and demand generation)
- Team player who possesses strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem-solver with ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely detail-oriented, you enjoy leveraging project management tools to stay on schedule and leave nothing to chance
- Adept at preparing and delivering pre-show event presentations and setting (and managing) booth staff to event goals and expectations
- Ability to travel 20-30% to facilitate local, domestic and international events, as required
- Bachelor degree or relevant experience required