FieldLevel is seeking a data engineer excited to help us architect, build, and operate the data processing of our social network. Data engineering is a key discipline that helps our company deliver software people love to use and if you like working with data we want your help.
As a senior data engineer you’ll join our data engineering team in building exceptional systems to transform data into action. You’ll work side-by-side with application engineers, data analysts, and data scientists to implement solutions to some of the most interesting problems in data processing. With the group, you’ll be empowered to diagnose, experiment with, and transform how FieldLevel does data processing.
The job of the data engineer allows you to own of some of the most complex systems in our infrastructure. You should have a lot of experience working with ETL and have built solutions that run in real-time. Plus, you should have developed expertise with multiple data stores (e.g. sql databases, no-sql databases, event streams). You should be great at SQL and query optimization and have written applications for data engineering (e.g. Java, Python, C#) using some of the most common libraries.
**Note that this posting is for a mid/senior level position**
Applicants for this position must have a strong working knowledge of the domains listed above and many years of work experience as a data engineer. If you are a candidate who is interested in data engineering at FieldLevel but has not have many years of experience working on large data processing systems, please apply for an entry level data engineer position.
What’s so great about this job?
- Work with extremely talented people
- Work on the most interesting problems in data engineering and own the solutions.
- Massive opportunities for your career. Join us growing our social network from 1 million to 100 million users while we are still a small company (35 people).
What will my work look like?
- Orchestrating data processing systems
- Building operations tools to improve system performance and reliability
- Building infrastructure to support collection, transformation, and delivery of data
- Building pipelines for running AI (machine learning) at scale and in real time
- Developing and promoting best practices for producing and consuming data among engineers and analysts
- Discovering data processing opportunities for new product features
What qualifications should I have?
- Experienced with good data schema construction
- Can optimize any SQL query
- Proficient with data engineering programming languages like Python, C#, Java, SQL, Regex.
- Proficient with database like relational (SQL Server, Postgres), columnstore (Vertica, Snowflake), no-SQL (mongo, Kafka)
- Proficient with cloud based infrastructure (Azure/AWS)
- Familiar with containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
Self-directed, curious, rigorous, pragmatic, hungry to learn
Education and Experience
- BS or higher in computer science or related field
- Several years working as a data engineer working on real-time analytics
- Experience with ML
- Previous work in big data / large scale data processing
- Previous work with an eventbus like Kafka