IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “DriveSync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
We are innovating telematics as a company at IMS, making change and developing not only our products, but our people too. We are looking for a Senior SDET to lead both development and testing roles to implement change within a dynamic environment, be involved in the complete software development process and be able to contribute to the creation of designs.
You will be someone who not only implements #drivingchange, but also someone who prioritises quality and has a positive, can-do attitude in high pressure situations. You will be able to speak and raise concerns and be ready to deal with problems as they arise.
What will I be doing?
You will have many responsibilities within this role, but the most important will be;
– Focusing on test driven development and pair programming within the department. Be able to look at test strategy and automate the process.
– Work autonomously, reviewing and contributing to ensure design requirements are correct and verifiable.
– Perform test automation and set up, document and maintain frameworks on multiple application platforms.
– Plan, build and communicate complex test scenarios and acceptance tests, creating/managing bug reports and sharing findings or insights with the rest of the development team.
– Working to Agile methodologies and always be open to change, updating your skills and knowledge when necessary to keep innovating and moving the company forward. Be able to coach and guide junior developers through the process and help them upskill through you.
– Monitor application performance and support release by verifying deployment software tools and be able to document customer feedback and requirements.
What will help me succeed in this role?
There are numerous qualities that would be beneficial in this role, including;
– Exposure and confidence in TDD and pair programming, as this is what we are shifting to, and experience of working in an Agile way, using AWS/other cloud based technologies.
– Previous experience leading requirement reviews with development teams and other stakeholders.
– Understanding of test framework design, methodologies and deliverables.
– A passion for innovation, for automation testing, and for development and design.
– Excellent analytical skills with the ability to work on complex issues, whilst remaining detail orientated, reliable and organised.
– Strong interpersonal skills to be able to successfully represent test efforts, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.