Vidaloop is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design and develop a secure blockchain based elections platform. This role will contribute to our mobile front end by adding features to our Android app and other mobile clients. As a member of the Elections Team (https://votingapp.com), your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business objectives.
To be effective in this role, you will be able to work well as part of a team of engineers. You can thrive in an agile environment and demonstrate excellent judgment, organization, and problem-solving skills.
No agencies, recruiters, or contractors. Please.
Why Work at Vidaloop?
- Make an impact in the civic technology space, working to increase informed voter turnout in the United States
- Get in on the ground floor of an early stage startup
- Thrive in a flexible, autonomous environment
- Work with modern technologies (Kotlin, Blockchain, Cloud Hosting)
What You’ll Do
- Research election industry standards and write system requirements
- Define and implement features for our Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Build a mobile app that meets the language and accessibility needs of voters
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Interact with our blockchain nodes as part of the voter lifecycle
What You’ll Work With
- Kotlin/Android Studio
- Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile
- Hyperledger Sawtooth
- JSON Schema
- AWS, IBM Cloud and Microsoft Azure