ShareStream Education is a leader in online video and media management solutions for academic institutions. Our team is passionate about building a great product that is continually evolving and providing a service that allows our customers to realize the vast potential of streaming media for education.
ShareStream Education is deeply committed to achieving client successes and building strong relationships with the Company’s clients, whom we regard as our partners.
ShareStream views itself as an education company as well as a software company, and our commitment to learning is a part of our company culture. We strive to create an environment that encourages professional growth, where team members learn new skills and gain experience in new areas.
Join us and contribute to changing the way online education takes place through the use of streaming media!
The Senior Software Engineer will work remotely and report to ShareStream’s VP of Engineering.
- Develop and contribute to the design of backend microservices
- Build and maintain automated test suites
- Participate in architecture and design sessions.
- BS and/or MS degree in Computer Science or a related degree
- 5+ years of software-engineering experience using Java to develop web applications
- Expert-level Java skills
- Intermediate-level UNIX/Linux skills
- Experience with Kubernetes, microservices, Elasticsearch and NoSQL databases
- Exceptional problem-solving, debugging and log-analysis skills
- Exceptional software-development habits (use of unit tests, code documentation, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-moving startup environment is a strong plus.