Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We’re constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to improve the lives of millions of people join our team.
About our team:
We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and full-stack engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world’s scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It’s a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That’s where you come in.
What you will do:
- Become a core member of a team dedicated to overcoming the current limitations in the interpretation of genetic variation, making more genomic information actionable for patients.
- Design and implement new features and services that help expand our core capabilities and scale our software infrastructure.
- Write clean, well-structured and well-tested code in Python
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
Be part of a well-formed, agile team
What you bring:
- Industry experience working with genetics, molecular biology, or NGS applications
- Experience contributing and reading from large, shared code repositories with a preference for Python/Django
- Demonstrated ability to apply and integrate software development with genetics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Data-driven, automation-oriented mindset
- Solid understanding of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS services and UNIX
- Top-notch communication skills. Experience with distributed teams is a plus.
- Preferred: Strong background in genetics or molecular biology (PhD, MS, or equivalent experience)
- Preferred: Bachelor’s in computer science or related field.
- Preferred: Experience building distributed and scalable systems.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.