Netdata is looking for talented Software Engineers in Test (SET) to join our distributed (remote) engineering team. As a SET at Netdata, you will need to be passionate about Software Quality Assurance, capable of both exploratory manual testing and authoring of test suites for automated testing. Our products include both modern microservices-based backends, reactive web applications and monolithic, statically linked linux binaries. Your knowledge and experience in test automation across the ‘test pyramid’, in various platforms combined with your excellent communication and teamwork skills will actively contribute to the quality of the Netdata platform.
- Collaborate with software and DevOps engineers across the company to understand, develop and automate test and deployment processes.
- Author, optimize and maintain comprehensive integration and end-to-end (system) test suites for the Netdata platform, including our open-source offering.Your work will entail significant scripting work in order to automate processes and setup testing environments.
- Perform manual exploratory end-to-end (system) and integration testing for newly created features — and then create the respective test automation scenarios for those manual tests.
- Be an advocate for Test Driven Development (TDD) and software development best practices across Netdata, through the introduction and observance of ‘shift left’ principles.
- Educate software engineers on how to author efficient unit and component tests for their code, by demonstrating proper techniques, frameworks and tools.
- Communicate Code Quality metrics to all stakeholders.
- Understand and review complex systems already in existence.
- Actively participate in the planning phases of new systems under development.