This role is an opportunity for a seasoned technologist with a passion for Linux and integration testing to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development, great communication skills, and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
The Integration Testing team at Canonical is responsible for the development of software which automates the deployment of Canonicals Cloud solutions based on OpenStack, Kubernetes, AWS, GCE, Azure, and Ubuntu. This software is used by Canonicals global Field team to streamline the process of deploying and validating public and private cloud infrastructure and applications. Successful candidates will be located in AMER/EMEA timezones due to the structure of the current team.
As a software engineer you will have the opportunity to develop customer facing software as well as the CI pipeline which powers Canonicals cloud integration testing and reporting. Upcoming initiatives you will have the opportunity to contribute to include expanding deployment capabilities to new clouds, adding the ability to deploy additional Kubernetes based software, and developing an AI/ML pipeline for automatic analysis of test results. A successful candidate is interested in tackling these problems, as well as imagining and leading new initiatives within the team and across Canonical.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Develop tools used in the field by Canonical Engineers, customers, and internal CI for deploying Canonicals cloud products
- Create new automated testing infrastructure, process and strategies
- Deploy, manage, and debug highly distributed systems
- Execute, monitor, and report on automated testing efforts
- Collaborate daily with a globally distributed team
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors degree in a technology field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional team based software development experience
- Strong Python development skills
- Strong Object oriented development skills
- Solid background in modern test processes and strategies
- Solid understanding of Linux system architecture
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis, or CircleCI
- Knowledge of networking technologies and fundamentals
- Capability for 2-4 weeks of international travel travel per year
Exceptional candidates will have experience with:
- Collecting and analyzing large of amounts of data
- Developing AI/ML pipelines
- Developing modern web applications
- Distributed databases and big data
- Cloud technologies such as OpenStack, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Deploying distributed software at scale
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu — the worlds #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- 100% Work-from-home
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the worlds computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.