This role can be 100% remote.
We require competency in both PHP and Golang.
Welcome to Paddle !! We are an established and growing business looking to recruit exceptional engineers this year who can help us reach new heights!! We are looking for talents senior engineers with solid experience in Golang and PHP.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be helping to drive our product and engineering department forward, working on different parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on.
You are empowered to use the right tech for the job. You’ll have the freedom to input into what technology and tooling are used and educate the rest of your colleagues accordingly.
Tech we use
Here’s some of the tech we use day to day, with Go and PHP being the main tech. We’re not expecting you to have experience in all areas.
- Go for our new services
- PHP and Laravel for our legacy system
- Docker in production and local development
- gRPC for internal services running on AWS Fargate
- AWS lambda for event-based services
- AWS SQS for our asynchronous message queues
- MySQL and DynamoDB for persistent data storage
- Redis for key/value store
- Terraform and Cloudformation for infrastructure management
What you’ll do
- Develop high traffic APIs used by hundreds of thousands users per month
- Engineer high-performance background workers for consuming queues
- Practise DevOps, you’re responsible for getting your code to production and supporting it
- Use the latest AWS services available to run your code
- Help design a stable platform to support phenomenal growth
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Play a part in an agile team, either kanban or scrum as needed
We’d love to hear from you if you
- have a solid development background with either PHP and Go and an interest in learning the other
- have experience designing and building systems to handle high traffic at scale in a cloud-based environment in AWS
- enjoy collaborating with our technical and non-technical departments
- proactively find ways to improve the code and team processes
- have a strong understanding of the development process – from design through to deployment, maintenance, and what that means for day-to-day development
- take pride in what you build
- are interested in what new tools and techniques you could introduce to us!
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people based near Shoreditch. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site mental health coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid parental leave regardless of gender. Plus we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, which can include anything from joining the office football team, enjoying a board game night, taking up in-office meditation sessions or in-house massages. We host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $25m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.