Want to work on our core domain? Help us make our system reactive and event-driven with Kafka? Scale our system to support our Fortune 500 customers? Join our team!
Our software engineers are at the forefront of how customers interact with C2FO. Working with our product team, we create applications for both internal and external customers. Our philosophy: short iterations with a focus on scalability while ensuring maintainability.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of technical designs and key areas of the system.
- Work with our Product Managers to break down project details and ensure requirements are complete.
- Develop and ship code to complete impactful projects.
- Give and receive feedback on your team’s code on GitHub.
- Mentor, pair with, and support the growth of other engineers.
- Apply good coding practices to ensure our code base is readable, secure, and scalable.
- Improve our documentation and document design decisions and rationale.
- Collaborate with others across the company, including Product, DevOps, and operational stakeholders.
What you’ll need
- Passionate about solving problems for a fast-paced FinTech company
- Concerned with the success of their teammates as well as themself
- Respectful towards teammates regardless of their abilities
- Able to work in a highly collaborative software development environment
- Willing to debate, obtain, and move forward with the best solution
- Always digging deeper to understand the problem space and the ‘why’ of your work.
- Passionate about testing, code quality, and continuous integration
- Vigilant in identifying tech debt and always improving how we do things
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; dispatches them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary.
- Comfortable with source control, especially git
- Self-motivated developer who can work independently
- Bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum entry requirement for the position
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the job offered or in a related position
- Proficient communication in English both written and verbal
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone who has experience with:
- Scala, Java, Kotlin
- Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, Akka, Akka Streams
- Relational database (PostgreSQL)
- RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- AWS or GCP
- Docker and Kubernetes