Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them. We are looking for a Staff/Senior Staff Engineer to work as Architecture and system design experts who love to be hands-on and mentor teams and Senior engineers as part of our newly formed Technical Steering group for the Consumer Business Unit. This team is rethinking how our applications and content are crafted and developed, to bring increased flexibility and innovation in a highly distributed company and to keep improving the reach of our experiences to millions of listeners and creators. Would you like to play a key role to influence how we develop features at scale and help our product development teams move fast and bring outstanding experiences to our users? Come join us and you will take the lead on pursuing a class of business and technical opportunities that will have a technical and strategic impact on the whole company. This position is open for REMOTE EMEA (check out our different locations)
What you’ll do:
- Engage with system owners and senior technical leaders across the company to collaboratively articulate and implement plans for challenges that need evolution in systems architecture and new technical strategies.
- Crisply tell the story of problems, opportunities, strategies and plans for solving them.
- Design solutions to technical problems with the rest of key technical contributors and actively embed in engineering teams to do strategic and hands-on development to break down ambiguous and complicated technical problems.
- Actively work to keep solutions rooted in the realities of the challenges and opportunities and not be overly theoretical.
- Proactively build the architecture maps, without constraining the creativity of teams.
- Work to predict technical problems and opportunities for the future, and have a POV on what we need to do to get there.
- Identify and promote successful generalization and usage of systems designs and patterns to teams across the organisation.
- Educate and build opportunities for engineers and leaders to learn the methods to analyze and understand systems at scale.
Who you are:
- Have extensive experience designing, architecting and developing features and systems that power large scale applications.
- Master system modeling and designs, and critically evaluate multiple designs for their strengths and weaknesses to translate those into concrete and measurable deliverables.
- Have a detailed understanding of software development at scale, constraints and challenges, and apply them to systems and software development.
- Have worked within different tech stacks but are comfortable with modern mobile, backend and web development languages and frameworks.
- Work along and collaboratively with teams to thrive in constantly evolving environments.
- Passionate and confident communicator for tech problems and solutions and you are used to working with different stakeholders on multiple levels.
- Use sound analytical approach and are comfortable using data to drive tactical and strategic decisionsAre comfortable navigating ambiguity and have the ability to exercise good judgment and decision-making abilities and communicate.
- Are able to ask different varieties of questions and generate multiple possible statements of challenges, opportunities and hypotheses that can be tested.
- Care for growing psychological safety and a culture of learning from doing.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.