Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production. If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you’ll love this position.
A typical day might include:
- Working with the Octopus Cloud team on projects that will either improve reliability or introduce new features to the Octopus Cloud platform.
- Work closely with other teams to collaborate on changes to Octopus Server.
- Participate in knowledge sharing to break down silos.
- Meetings and pairing sessions which drive your work forwards.
- Problem-solving when collaborating to investigate an incident
You’ll be great for this if:
- You have deep knowledge of Kubernetes and Azure
- You have a strong background in Windows and Linux system administration
- You are experienced in Virtual Networks, Subnets, Load Balancing, and Autoscaling
- You understand distributed systems
- You are experienced in Incident Management
- Coding experience required – C# and/or TypeScript (or equivalent language)
- Octopus Deploy experience a bonus
You’ll love this role if:
- You are passionate about working with smart people and providing a high-level of service to our customers.
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment is your bread and butter.
- You automate everything because you understand the importance of repeatability and reducing the time to complete complex tasks.
- Containers are your jam. You containerize all the things!
- Not afraid to sink your teeth into and solve complex problems.
- You want to help others grow by sharing your knowledge of systems engineering.
- Our customers entrust us with one of their most important systems which is why we provide 24/7 support for Octopus Cloud.
- At the moment we have 7 engineers in the 24/7 On-Call rotation.
- This means each of us is on-call once every 7 weeks (or ~7 times a year).
- Each shift is 1 week long. This sounds scary, doesn’t it? In reality it’s not.
- We average ~2 incidents a week outside of business hours and none of them are major
- You will get trained before you join the rotation
- You will always have the ability to reach out to the rest of us if you need help
- You will support the system you build, not something you’ve never seen before
- We value our sleep so Production incidents are fixed in a way that prevents them from reoccurring
- You will be able to ask to swap shifts with other team members This additional responsibility attracts extra compensation.
- You will get paid AUD $400 for each shift.
- You will also get paid AUD $200 for each callout outside of business hours, capped to a maximum of 5 callouts per shift.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you. Please include a cover letter outlining what you can bring to the role and how Octopus would be a good fit for you.
We are looking for people who live and work in Australia and New Zealand to join our remote-first team. We are currently unable to provide visa sponsorship.