This is a full remote position within the United States with the option for working out of our office in Southfield, MI if preferred.
Here at the Cultural Intelligence Center, our mission is to change the way individuals and organizations approach diversity and global engagement by using research-based learning and development solutions. Headquartered in Michigan, our international team of employees includes trainers, instructional designers, consultants, administrators, software developers, and researchers providing state of the art products and services that make a real difference in people’s lives.
We serve customers around the world from our two Michigan offices (Southfield and Grand Rapids) and offer an array of training and e-Learning products through our web portal.
CQC is a growing company and we are seeking an exceptional Sr Web Application Developer for our team.
The Sr Web Application Developer is a critical role, playing a large part in architecting and executing our software development projects. The developer cares deeply about developing technology and successfully combines the following skills to work effectively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team:
- Deep knowledge of web application architecture and development
- Proven experience planning, architecting, developing, releasing, and maintaining complex agnostic, extensible web application software with the expectation of future iterations
- An extraordinary knack for understanding and translating business requirements to technical specifications
The Sr Web Application Developer reports to the IT & Software Development Manager and joins a team of other software developers and analysts.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- 5+ years developing websites and web applications, both front end and back end
- 3+ years developing with Ruby, Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years’ experience working with PostgreSQL, SQL, or MySQL
- Experience managing and optimizing Heroku environments
- Experience working with Amazon S3 storage
- Experience working in an Agile environment
The developer will spend 20% of their time focused on planning and architecture activities, 80% of their time focused on development activities.
Web Application Development
- Writing production-ready code in Ruby/Ruby on Rails, React, HTML/CSS
- Code versioning using Git/Github
- Managing/providing insight into our Heroku platform
- Reviewing code written by other team members and external partners
- Participating in and taking the lead on architecture planning for individual applications
- Growing and cultivating a deep understanding of how our technology facilitates our business and directly relates to our growth
- Participating in the generation of and providing feedback on visual and functional software requirements and designs
- Using Jira/Confluence to write and refine user stories, estimate work in hours/story points, create documentation, and for managing your assigned tasks
- Providing a unique view to the work that we do and the environment that we cultivate- you will be a vital piece of the organization not just in terms of the work that you produce but the relationships that you build and your personal approach to your job, your work, and the world around you. You matter as a human being.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent), or equivalent professional experience
- 5 years of experience designing, developing, testing, and debugging web applications at scale in a professional environment
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Professional business acumen
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to balance multiple workstreams simultaneously and effectively prioritize work
- A lifelong desire to learn and dedication to personal and professional development
Nice to Have Experience with the following
- Managing people and teams
- GDPR compliance
- Accessibility (Section 508 compliance)
- Working in the Education sector
Technologies You Would Work With
- Ruby on Rails
- Bootstap for React
- Amazon S3
- Full-time, salaried position from $95,00 – $108,000 based on experience
- Up to 20 days paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid company holidays
- Parental Leave up to 4 weeks paid (primary, 2 weeks secondary) with an additional 4 weeks (primary, 2 weeks secondary) unpaid
- Competitive Health/Dental/Vision/Disability insurance
- HSA Options
- After 6 month waiting period 401k with up to 3% match, 100% vested
- Professional development budget
- $3000 workstation budget
- Unlimited access to all our Cultural Intelligence training offerings
- Assessments, digital learning, workshops, certifications
- Full remote or based in Southfield, MI if preferred