Thank you for taking the time to learn more about this role! Please note that we are looking for applications from those who currently reside within the Republic of Ireland.
We are looking for Bilingual Customer Service Specialists to help our ever growing diverse merchant (users of Shopify) base. Our merchants have amazing stories filled with highs and lows, frustrations, and triumphs. It is in these moments and many in between that you would make an impact.
As a Bilingual Customer Service Specialist you’ll work remotely for a fast-growing global tech company from the comfort of home with your only commute being the one to your computer. You will work within our super supportive multilingual team, an exciting experience in itself as it grows and flexes to our merchants needs.
In the role you can expect to be challenged and learn every day as you dig in and problem solve with merchants by listening deeply, actively teaching and exploring growth opportunities with the merchants. As part of that growth, you’ll be there to connect merchants with potential new features or plans to ensure they get the most out of the Shopify platform.
Following 4 weeks of paid training you will transition into your new team and — with the support from a tenured team member — start digging into merchant emails and live chats, with the possibility of phones in future. Shifts are 8 hours in length and are on a rotating schedule that include a combination of weekdays, weekends and holidays. This is a permanent full time role – 40 hours a week with no part time options being available. We offer paid holiday, paid sick days and a comprehensive compensation package with health benefits and other perks.
If you’re up for the challenge and enjoy working in an inclusive, human centred, fast-paced high-pressure environment, we encourage you to apply and take part in our hiring process!
As we aim to provide you with as much information about the role early in the process so that you know what to expect throughout, more details will be included in the next step of the process should you be selected to move forward.
Even if you’ve never held a similar position but you’re interested so far and relate to the things we’ve outlined below, we want to hear from you!
- Adhere to a daily schedule.
- Ensuring merchants have a quick response time by staying on top of your assigned tickets.
- Act as a business coach and think about the merchants business holistically when offering solutions.
- Complete essential follow-up documentation after each interaction.
- Engaging in human conversations with merchants to identify and resolve issues, and provide coaching/growth opportunities for their businesses.
- Offer needs-based solutions, not pushy sales.
- Advocating for merchants and the Shopify platform by communicating with stakeholders.
- Owning your own development through reflection, reviewing past interactions and preparing to discuss growth opportunities with your lead in regular 1:1 meetings.
- Live and have legal authorization to work in Ireland.
- Be bilingual in role language as well as English, able to provide verbal and written support in both languages.
- Have appropriate remote work set-up – such as quiet space, stable internet connection, and a back-up location in case of issues with the primary location.
- Have access to a wired internet speed of at least 25 Mbps download speed and 10 Mbps upload. You can check your speed here.
- Be prepared to work full-time hours on a rotating schedule (including weekends and holidays).
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Proven track record of being incredibly resourceful and finding solutions even when there is no clear path.
- Be proficient with technology.
- Have strong reading, writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn all about entrepreneurship, care deeply about supporting people and enjoy having genuine human conversations.
- Possess a high level of understanding, patience and empathy. Able to navigate more difficult conversations/interactions with professionalism.
- Are committed to continuous growth and learning. You understand that every challenge is an opportunity and you get excited about learning new things.
- Ensure privacy and security practices are followed at all times for both merchants and Shopify.
- A background or interest in business, marketing, retail, and/or sales.
- Ran or had exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
- Call-centre, customer service, and/or retail experience.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.