Job Function: Senior AWS Engineer
Employee type: Contract
Seniority Level: 5 years +
Company: Skill Deploy
Skill Deploy is searching for a talented Amazon Web Services engineer who can take ownership of our development process while helping us maintain a culture of excellence. Ideally, you’ve been there, done that before.
You’ll be joining our client’s first-rate team as a key-player, providing leadership and oversight .
You’re a good fit for this role if you:
– Are AWS certified
– You’re able to work with a team in the EST time zone
– Have experience managing infrastructure with Terraform
– Are able to manage scaling with Kubernetes
– You’re motivated and accountable
– You communicate at a high level while staying in constant contact with your team and project managers.
About the Role:
– We are forming a team of A-players to reconstruct and enhance the cloud infrastructure of a large corporation in the financial industry
– Beginning work at phase 1 with subsequent phases to follow
– Top-pay remote contract position
– You’ll partner with our client and other members of the AWS team to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient solutions
– Provide oversight and leadership as you apply your skills towards solidifying platform security, addressing IAM, and networking.
– Build new features and improve existing features to meet customer needs along our product roadmap.
Desired Skills and Experience:
– Responsible and communicative!
– 5+ years of experience as a certified AWS engineer
– Excellent understanding of cloud optimization, security assessments, and cloud management.
– Ability to work in a remote team environment. Self-driven, organized and motivated to deliver results.
– Strong attention to detail while understanding and implementing strategies that follow industry best practices.
– You understand and can help to implement a Zero Trust approach to networking
– You can put together a plan for development, security, and optimization
– You understand the “lift and shift” approach for migrating applications to the cloud
– Contract position. Contract – to -hire is a possibility
– Flexible work schedule
Company – Software – 10 – 20 employees
Find work faster! Skill Deploy is where future-focused teams locate, hire and scale tech talent in real time. We custom-match top tech talent with companies ready to hire.