Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Smile, developer of the B2B SaaS productivity tool TextExpander, has been making people more productive for over 15 years. While returning millions of hours of productive time to our customers, we’ve grown from a 2 person team to a team of over 30 – all while remaining self-funded and profitable!
What we’re looking for:
Smile is seeking a revenue-driven Account Manager to join our growing Account Management team. As an Account Manager for Smile you will be responsible for building strong relationships with our current TextExpander customers, analyzing your accounts to create growth opportunities, and coordinating with internal teams to deliver software solutions that exceed our customers’ needs.
You will use your passion for people, productivity tools, and growing companies to directly impact your customers’ satisfaction, add value to the service they receive, and grow revenue through expansion and upgrade.
Who you are:
You are a passionate, people-person who loves the dynamics of building relationships with your customers.
You are customer-focused, revenue-driven, and understand how to create value for your customer. You accept the challenge of ensuring that our customers remain happy while also increasing revenue.
You are proactive. You can’t just sit around and wait to take action – you’re ready to take charge.
You are forward-looking and continuously strategize on where to find growth in your existing accounts.
If this role sounds like it might be the next step in your career, we invite you to join our remote team, working in a fluid environment as we continually learn and grow.
- Build lasting customer relationships based on trust and respect by understanding and responding to their needs and challenges
- Understand the value TextExpander provides and communicate it clearly and proficiently to customers as you grow their engagement
- Work with Support and Sales teams to ensure customers realize their potential with TextExpander
- Identify clients who would benefit from Enterprise functionality and other services
- Provide tailored training to the customer
- Consult with the customer on how to optimize their TextExpander workflow
- Manage renewals
- Research & develop successful relationships with and grow key accounts.
- Assist customers with technical questions
- Help customers with billing queries and payment
- 2+ years of experience with customer service or sales account management
- Comfortable working with remote teams
- Reliable, smart, honest, organized, positive, personable
- Self-motivated, and comfortable with little supervision
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Comfortable with Mac, Windows, Chrome, iOS, CRM, video communication tools
- Quick learner and eager to use new tools
- Creative problem solver with close attention to detail
Tech needed for the job:
- High-speed, reliable Internet connection
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- College education
- 2+ years working remotely
- High level of autonomy in your role
- Motivated and creative teammates
- Flexible schedule
- Employment benefits:
- Healthcare reimbursement plan (ICHRA plan)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) plan
- Profit-sharing plan
- Contract work also negotiable
- Competitive salary plus commission
Smile develops productivity software for Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone, and iPad. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Smile is a closely knit, geographically diverse company. We have proudly served our customers for over a decade.
At Smile, we embrace diversity. We strongly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply, even if they’re not sure they meet all qualifications.
Smile provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.