Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Location: Remote (WFH) or Arlington, VA (Rosslyn)
Do you want to work on a product that allows government organizations and businesses to host their own Google Earth Globe? Open Google Earth Enterprise (Open GEE) allows organizations and businesses to take advantage of the same publicly available Google Earth capabilities, behind the firewall, in an offline/disconnected environment, or in low bandwidth regions.
By joining the Thermopylae team you’ll be able to help continue to lead Google Earth Enterprise as open source. After almost two years of updates, primarily maintenance fixes, Google and Thermopylae have worked to open-source the Google Earth Enterprise product, consisting of GEE Fusion, GEE Server, and GEE Portable. TST is now at the forefront of maintaining and enhancing Open GEE for the GIS community.
Thermopylae Sciences and Technology, a fast-paced technology company focused on delivering innovative software solutions to customers across private and public sectors, is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our awesome development team.
We are looking for a sharp, bright, and proactive individual who can help enable our teams to coordinate and prioritize activities that enhance software quality with a focus on automation and coverage.
Google Earth Enterprise Open Source
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or IT
- Minimum 4 years’ of relevant experience
- Deep experience with most aspects of software testing: installation, functional, performance, load, integration, automation, and regression
- Experience testing with web-based and Linux CLI (command line interface) software
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) systems
- Experience with one or more automated functional testing frameworks (Gauge, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience applying testing frameworks at scale on cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
Additional experience desired
- Working background in geospatial technology and software
- Experience with code coverage analysis software
- Assist scrum teams in identifying code quality process deficiencies in their day-to-day work
- Assist management in identifying quality process deficiencies that impact product releases
- Lead by example in the conversion of manual testing procedures to automated workflows to include functional testing, regression testing, integration testing, load testing, and stress testing
- Evaluate new and alternative tools and methods for testing software and cloud deployments
- Assist in the collection and maintenance of quality metrics for regular team and stakeholder reports
- Maintain internal documentation on quality workflows and team working agreements
Thermopylae Sciences & Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.