We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager to join our rapidly growing Application Security team at Clio. This role is for someone who is passionate about building scalable security solutions and being exposed to multiple challenges and technologies while making a massive impact on the legal industry. This is a remote position and can be performed remotely across California.
The Application Security team is responsible for securing Clio’s applications, developers, and codebase. We work hard to enable our developers to ship secure software at scale while being an empathetic, collaborative team, focused on context and iterating towards secure solutions. We find and fix code-level vulnerabilities, in addition to building internal security tooling, deploying code scanning tools, threat modeling, and vulnerability remediation. If you’re passionate about security and working on innovative solutions with a modern approach, we should definitely chat!
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Clio we believe anyone can learn security, not just those who have checked off all the requirements.
A day in the life might look like:
- Hire, mentor, and grow a team of Application Security engineers.
- Help define the long-term roadmap for Application Security.
- Collaborate with other Clio teams to help develop products or features leveraging secure development practices.
- Lead security incidents, recovery, and remediation efforts.
- Triaging and administering our Bug Bounty program.
What you may have:
- Develop and implement tools to help educate and prevent security flaws;
- Build partnerships with development teams and advise on security best practices;
- Provide detailed guidance and support to teams in vulnerability remediation;
- Identify and implement tools for automated application scanning, static analysis and custom tooling;
- Perform penetration testing and proactive research to detect new attack vectors;
- Perform reactive incident response and remediation when a security event occurs;
- Elevate and educate our security culture within Clio, contributing to our cultural values of “No doors, only windows” and “Live a learning mindset”
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experienced security leader with software development background.
- Experience working with full-stack developers.
- Security certifications like OSCP, OSWE, etc.
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers