We are trailblazers. We are innovative. We have technology running in our veins. Do we tick your boxes? Do you want to play a part in taking gaming technology to the next level? If yes, we’re looking for you!
This is your opportunity to be part of the leading software house in the online gaming world. In our space, passionate, innovative and incredibly awesome teams create the best technology in the field, and each day is a chance to level up.
We are on the look out for multiple Software Testers (Automation Specialists) individuals to join our growing development team.
This role can be based in our Isle of Man office or UK mainland based in either our London or Ipswich office or alternatively fully remote in a work from home capacity.
As the role holder you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to analyze, design and produce quality functional and non-functional automated tests and documentation by adhering to and improving the team’s standards and best practices. The role holder will also support team alignment with organizational initiatives and objectives whilst safeguarding the architecture and growing product awareness.
- Ensures there is a high level of automated test coverage for all the team’s products and artefacts and ensure that all tests add value and are of quality.
- Actively tracks and identifies weak spots in quality where functional and non-functional automated test cases and scenarios are missing and resolves this by adding the necessary automated tests to the appropriate level.
- Ensures that the software behaves as expected both functionally and non-functionally and prevents reoccurring issues from happening via the implementation of automated testing.
- Performs manual exploratory testing that is timeboxed and hypothesized to augment the existing automation testing strategy and ensures that valuable scenarios are automated.
- Actively works with the entire team to ensure that the functional and non-functional test scenarios across products are defined and adhered to in the automation suite.
- Identifies and ensures both functional and non-functional automated test cases are proportionally distributed and fall part of the ideal automated testing pyramid.
- Improve the tracking and identification of brittle automated tests.
- Analyze live incident trends and design and implement solutions to ensure the scenarios are covered by automated tests which reduce the number of incidents going forward
- Analyze and design test scenarios and the required steps including seed data strategies to ensure that the automated test suite’s tests are of quality and are valuable allowing teams to implement these automated tests.
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery:
- Ensures and contributes to a fully automated CI/CD pipeline that executes all the test suites. Ensuring all the tests run all the time.
- Maintain and contribute to all required supporting artefacts to ensure CI/CD pipelines run and report effectively.
- Track and communicate automated test results in a timely, effective, and automated manner.
- Identify and reduce reoccurring CI issues both locally and on the relevant CI/CD pipelines
- Analyze key performance measures and reports to identify and contribute to the implementation of improvements across the CI/CD pipeline in order to improve the product’s cycle time while not increasing the number of live incidents.
Developed and Maintained Software:
- Develop and optimize tests and tools for front-end, back-end APIs, services and databases.
- Actively contribute to all levels of automated testing (Unit (T1), Integration (T2), and End-to-end (T3), Production Post Deployment (T4)) .
- Identify and contribute to solving engineering productivity problems through the use of improved technical abilities (tooling, frameworks, process improvements).
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of automation libraries used by the team to improve their automated testing practices.
- Write clean, maintainable, well-designed and efficient test automation code that adheres to the team’s development standards.
Architecture and Technical Design:
- Participates in technical design sessions to ensure that products or features are testable using the company’s automation strategy.
- Participate in technical design sessions to ensure that products or features adhere to Derivco’s security and data protection standards and requirements.
- Develop prototypes to demonstrate concepts.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential.
- Coding experience (C# will be an advantage)
- Experience with Postman and other tools
- Experience automating manual tests and testing mindset
- Azure DevOps Pipeline or build process pipeline experience
- Scripting experience (PowerShell etc.)
- Know how to use a Version Control System (GIT/SVN etc.)
- Experience using a unit testing framework i.e. NUnit, XUnit etc.
- Enhanced knowledge of testing specialization: (Selenium or Appium for UI Testing or; HTTP API/RestFul API’s for API Testing)
- Knowledge and application of Continuous Integration (TeamCity, Octopus) pipeline
- Competent using a test management tool .
Are you ready to take your seat amongst the best? Apply now!