Are you passionate about technology and staying up-to-date on industry trends? Do you consider yourself an advocate for change and eager to step outside your comfort zone? As a Software Engineer on our Data Platform team, you will be a crucial member of our agile team, working with innovative tools, processes, and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
This is a remote-first US position. Or, if desired, you can work in a hybrid model from one of our offices in Boston, MA, Waltham, MA, Gainesville, FL, or Santa Monica, CA. Whatever it takes for you to be successful.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Product Management, data scientists and senior members of the development team to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs, finding bottlenecks, etc.
- Build scalable, robust and maintainable infrastructure for consumers to derive insights and build models efficiently
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture.
- Research emerging technologies and software
Who you are
- 3+ years developing large scale applications for data pipelines is required
- Expert knowledge of Spark, EMR, ElasticSearch, streaming technologies and similar frameworks is a must to be successful in this role
- Bonus points for knowledge in Apache projects: Nifi, Hudi, Presto & Flink
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Java, Groovy
- Experience in developing applications for AWS ecosystem including Kubernetes, EMR, Athena, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, S3
- Experience in working with Java and Spring (REST API services)
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large scale systems
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
#LI-Remote #LI-HK1 #INDENG