Applicants to this role must have work authorization in United States. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
Note: Googles hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, or 1 year of experience with an advanced degree.
- 2 years of experience with data structures or algorithms in either an academic or industry setting.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 2 years of experience with Android application development.
- 2 years of experience with performance, large scale systems data analysis, visualization tools, and/or debugging.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with text layout and rendering with operating systems/browsers .
About the job
Google’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Innovate on the text stack of Android, the largest mobile platform in the world used by users and devices in order to have beautiful typography and universally accessible text via useful APIs and rich features.
We continuously innovate on how developers and users interact with text. Youll work at the heart of Android UI, spanning product and feature engineering, and partner closely with teams like UI Toolkit, Developer Relations, Graphics, Android Framework, Google Keyboard, Google Fonts, Google Material, i18n, AiAi, and UX.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $125,000
+ bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Write and test product or system development code.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Review code developed by other developers and provide feedback to ensure best practices (e.g., style guidelines, checking code in, accuracy, testability, and efficiency).
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
- Triage product or system issues and debug/track/resolve by analyzing the sources of issues and the impact on hardware, network, or service operations and quality.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.