Chorus One is a community of ambitious, self-reflective people building high reliability infrastructure for decentralized networks. We believe that cryptoeconomics and decentralized networks will enable collaboration on a global scale, and propel the next stage in human evolution. Chorus One is building validator nodes and inter-chain communication for decentralized networks, allowing our users to earn more tokens and shape the emerging open financial system. Our work lies at the rich intersection of financial services, cryptocurrency, DevOps and Information Security. We are profitable, completely self-sustaining, and not beholden to the desires of external stakeholders – we control our own path.
People at Chorus One come from all walks of life; we believe in the importance of carving out more space for diversity in the tech industry, and removing barriers to entry to those underrepresented in the blockchain space. We are aware of the systemic obstacles faced by women, non-binary people, people of color, and other minorities in the workplace, and we are taking active steps to make Chorus One, and the blockchain industry more broadly, a safe, inclusive space where all the voices are heard and equally matter.
Chorus One is the largest cryptocurrency validation company in Europe, and runs validators on cutting edge Proof of Stake networks such as Cosmos, Solana, Celo, Polkadot and Oasis. We also research, design and build interoperability solutions to enable a richer inter-blockchain ecosystem.
To supplement our extraordinary growth in 2021, we are seeking a Software Engineer with proficiency in Rust and/or Golang. We have a strong preference for candidates that are polyglots and are open to picking up new technologies and frameworks, based on project requirements.
Blockchain experience is a bonus, but not a requirement. If you feel you are a competent software engineer without blockchain experience – but with the willingness to explore this space, we strongly encourage you to apply.
The engineer will build inter-protocol blockchain systems to serve infrastructural needs of application-level developers. This position is a unique opportunity to work with an experienced team on cutting-edge blockchain networks and financial services around cryptocurrency.
- Interact frequently with application developers and product stakeholders to best understand their needs.
- Design and develop software systems on top of blockchain protocols – to best serve the infrastructural needs of the above.
- Work with DevOps engineers at Chorus One to deploy, monitor, secure and maintain these systems.
The ideal candidate:
- Has considerable Rust experience.
- Is open to picking up new technologies / languages / frameworks.
- Has good written and oral communication skills.
- Enjoys teamwork and is good at collaborating with stakeholders and fellow software engineers.
- Experience of a startup-like environment, and ability to adapt to the fast moving environment of the blockchain ecosystem.
- Prior blockchain experience is an added plus.
- Prior experience with Solidity is an added plus.
Keywords pertaining to tools: Rust, Golang, Solidity, Blockchain, Software Engineering
- Competitive salary + equity.
- Quarterly retreats at exotic destinations.
- Past retreats took place in Cairo, Serbia, Kenya, Korea and Dubai; our next retreat is planned to Iceland in July 2021
- Company-funded equipment (up to 2,000 USD), plus 3,000 USD per year to spend on personal development.
- Unlimited leave.
- Full-time position, with flexible hours.
- Remote work.
- Work on cool technology and interesting problems at the intersection of finance, cryptocurrency, information security and blockchain networks.