MUST BE LOCATED IN THE EASTERN TIME ZONE or WILLING TO WORK IN EASTERN TIME ZONE HOURS!
Wiser is the leading provider of actionable data for better decisions. Wiser collects and analyzes online and in-store data with unmatched speed, scale and accuracy. The Wiser platform then blends these insights with advanced workflow software to drive business value for brands and retailers. Using a unique combination of data science and human validation, Wiser offers integrated solutions for every aspect of retail, all in one place
Our goal is to solve a messy problem elegantly and cost effectively. Our job is to collect, categorize, and analyze lots of semi-structured data from lots of different places every day (10,000+ retail stores in the US/Canada every week). We help our customers be more competitive and make more money by discovering interesting patterns in this data they can use to their advantage.
We are looking for a Team Lead to lead the team responsible for the microservice architecture powering our instore data collection. We have an ambitious vision to turn our offering into a SaaS platform and are looking for a key leader to help us do so, by helping us build a solid foundation for the future. In this role you will lead the team and collaborate on projects that innovate on our platform, enable it to scale by 100x, and make it available for our customers to self-service. If you have a passion for optimization, scaling, and integration challenges, this may be the role for you.
What we expect from you:
- Think like our customers – you will work with product and engineering leaders to define solutions
- Write code that matters – you will deliver projects that help our customers, internal business users, and mobile crowd
- Mentor and lead – you will drive excellence in software craftsmanship within the team, as well as growing and stretching them to higher levels of achievement
- Own your work – you will take responsibility to shepherd your projects from idea through delivery into production
- Bring new ideas to the table – some of our best innovations originate within the team
Current Technology Landscape:
- Java / SpringBoot, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, ReactJS
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- MySQL, Snowflake, Sisense
What you can expect from us:
- Interesting and meaningful problems to solve, and the space you’ll need to solve them
- A peer group of really smart, engaged and fun people that will challenge, as well as support you in your career growth
- An opportunity to put your mark on a rapidly growing company, leapfrog our technology and help take us to the next level
- The obligatory perks like “free beer”, well stocked snacks, bagels and things like that. More importantly, we like to hang out together with the Jackbox games as well as actual board games, go for beers, participate in Toys for Tots charity events, etc.
- Mentoring and growing team members
- Directly leading a distributed team
Skills and Qualifications:
A successful candidate will have at least 6-8 years industry experience with increasing responsibilities as a high performing Software Engineer and will likely have experience acting as a Team Lead in the past. You’ll be expected to demonstrate deep technical skills as well as an ability to bring a systems level thinking and strong leadership abilities to bear in order to influence the technical direction of the organization.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable work attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.