Headquarters: The Hague
Whilst it is possible to run completely “server less” these days, that isn’t always practical for all applications. Thus we still run a moderate cloud stack on the Google Cloud Platform. As you can see in the description of our stack, we use Hashicorp’s tools for deployment. That means a Consul + Vault cluster, and Nomad to schedule (container) jobs. That actually runs stable without too much maintenance. Most of the work is in improving the experience of other developers, and making it easier for them to do the things they need to do on the operations side.
- You have experience managing a cloud platform (GCP/AWS/OpenStack) from code.
- You are proficient in Python (or another server-side language like Go or Ruby, and willing to learn Python).
- You can design a “stack” for a new service so it is scalable and trustworthy.
- You have experience with container based deployment.
- You are able to work with a diverse group of people. You’re not a rock star or code-ninja, you’re a human, of some form .
- You can clearly outline your thoughts about a technical solution in written form (and diagrams are always a bonus!)
- You actively engage with others to optimize processes and reduce bottlenecks.
- You are able to pick up new things quickly.
- You want to work 32 to 40 hours a week.
- You have experience with Hashicorp’s Consul, Vault & Nomad.
- You have experience with Terraform.