As a member of the ops team, you’ll help build and maintain all of the infrastructure that powers Plex. That includes multiple clusters of containerized apps, our build systems, and a variety of cloud services running in datacenters around the world. You’ll work closely with the entire engineering org to deliver an exceptional media streaming experience.
What you’ll do
- You’re familiar with automation tools. We don’t favor any one technology and we choose the right tool for the job.
- You’re available for on-call rotation and after-hours troubleshooting if needed.
- You have experience maintaining production services with heavy traffic and zero-downtime deploys
- Experience with AWS a must
- Linux sysadmin background required
- Experience running containerized applications at scale (Kubernetes preferred)
- Familiar with distributed logging/monitoring (ELK / Grafana + Prometheus, Influx)
- Experience using Chef configuration management software
- Proficient in Python and Bash scripting
- Familiar with continuous deployment/continuous integration systems (Jenkins)
- Experience writing technical documentation
Nice to have but not required:
- Background in technical security best practices
- Cloudflare experience
- Ruby/Node knowledge
- Other config management solutions
- Windows/Mac experience
- Xen and GCP
What you bring to the table
- You have proven experience working independently and collaboratively in an operations environment with strong scripting skills and can effectively manage production level resources with infrastructure as code all with an eye towards security best practices.
- You are detail-oriented and help contribute to a team focused on supporting highly performant, production level systems.
- You are kind, humble, helpful and get stuff done.
- You are self motivated and able to manage your time, working with a distributed team across the globe.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be it’s best.