Position: Senior Full Stack Engineer (multiple openings). Open to frontend or backend leaning candidates too.
HQ: San Francisco, CA but this is a REMOTE opportunity – anywhere in the U.S
Comp: Base $150k – $220k (dependent on level of experience) + attractive equity + excellent benefits
MobileCoin is a cryptocurrency platform that develops P2P payment tokens and digital payment systems for mobile. It combines privacy, security, and distributed trust with a great user experience. MobileCoin is designed so that a mobile messaging application like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or Signal could integrate with a MobileCoin wallet.
The Role and Your Impact
As a software engineer, you will work on our platform and wallet solutions. This is a rare opportunity for a strong technologist to join a well-positioned team at an early stage to deliver immediate, measurable and long-lasting impact. You will gain exposure to many aspects of developing and deploying profitable cryptographic and financial primitives and work alongside individuals with proven experience building some of the most innovative blockchain technologies in the world.
What You Will be Doing
- Design, develop, and test new APIs
- Maintain code integrity and existing platform API
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team
- Communicate with the company’s partners to help integrate MobileCoin
What You May Bring
- Extensive backend experience with Python, Rust, Java, Node.js or Ruby
- Experience in a backend web framework, e.g. Django, SpringBoot or Rails
- Experience in API design, performance optimization
- Experience with a static language such as Java or Rust
- Ability to take on complex and ambiguous problems
Bonus If You Have
- Experience with a front-end Framework such as React
- Experience with gRPC
- Understanding cryptocurrency space
- Experience with developing libraries/SDKs