We are very excited to look for an Sr. IT Solution Architect to join our Avery Dennison IT Team! The Sr. IT Solution Architect is accountable for technical integrity, system quality, fitness-for-purpose, and conformance to the enterprise architecture of business and technical solutions. The Sr. IT Solution Architect has overall responsibility for the design of one or more solutions across multiple subject areas with the emphasis on the Salesforce technology platform. They are responsible for working with other architects and subject matter professionals to ensure that their solutions are in alignment with the standards, target architectures and road-maps for those areas.
- Drive business alignment to ensure the technical integrity, system quality, and fitness for the purpose of IT solutions are in support of the business goals and enterprise architecture governance; identify and raise issues, gaps or misalignments.
- Oversee existing enterprise architecture governance and actively contribute to the evolution of the framework, including definition of architecture processes, deployment of architecture tools, standardization of architecture information and maintaining reusable architectural patterns to facilitate development of future solutions.
- Initiate and lead business and technical discussions with appropriate stakeholders, analyze requirements and design, present and champion solutions that meet those requirements. Ensure we have measurable business outcome driven targets and evaluate the business benefit after delivering the solution.
- Work with business analysts/consultants and design teams to develop requirements for systems that cross multiple subject areas with a primary focus on customer experience, order to cash, and the employee experience.
- Initiate discussions with third parties, perform in-depth reviews and analysis of their solutions, document architecture models and make recommendations for adopting or partnering.
- Monitor and analyze industry trends and best approaches to help define and implement standards and principles that drive architecture within the Materials Group organization.
- Be a champion for introducing new technologies or changes to existing business processes to solve business problems.
- Contribute to development of a multi-year technology roadmap in support of the business capability needs.
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your experience is important to us. It should include the following:
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10+ years of practical (non-academic) experience designing, managing or developing applications in a client/server, service-oriented architecture or object-oriented analysis and design environment, including a deep level expertise in one or more of the following: application architecture, middleware, and integration architecture.
- Exposure to working in a diverse IT environment with multiple integration systems, configurations, technologies and processing environments.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and project management methodologies.
- Experience with implementation and/or analysis of Salesforce Lightning platform is required.
- Experience with Salesforce: Commerce Cloud, Sales Cloud, Integration Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, and Manufacturing Cloud.
- Experience with Oracle Fusion: ERP (Financials, Supplier Portal, etc.), SCM modules, CX modules and the ability to help bridge the path forward from Oracle EBS to Oracle Fusion
- Experience with IOT, AI/ML, DEVops, Agile methodology/Continuous delivery. Experience with emerging technologies related to Industry 4.0 is a plus.
- Experience in architecture modeling techniques and standards. Using TOGAF for architecture modeling.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Remote work permissible but relocation to one of our major Hub locations is desired. This can be accommodated
- Interpersonal skills especially in areas of teamwork, facilitation, influence, and negotiation.
- Global project experience and interaction with remote teams in a Fortune 500 company.
- Travel potential could be up to 20%.
We believe that diversity and inclusion drive innovation, and we’re looking for candidates who enrich our culture and challenge the status quo. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work, and we strive to provide all candidates with an unbiased and accessible recruitment process. This stance is led from the very top, read here a blog post from our General Manager Hassan Rmaile.