Do you love to eat? Are you passionate about testing and technology? At Olo, Test Engineers create code-based testing solutions for teams. We work as embedded testers, meaning that we are full, collaborative, members of feature teams. We are responsible for driving the quality culture on our teams as well as helping teams derive technical solutions for hard-to-test problems.
As a Test Engineer, you’ll work with developers and QA Engineers to prevent defects and performance issues through testing and automation. This includes a variety of testing activities, not just updating or building frameworks, but whatever is needed to cast a wide quality net.
We believe testing is a craft requiring training and skill. We invest in our employees. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves, and challenge each other to grow. We encourage collaboration, leadership, and mentorship.
You can work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than two-thirds of our engineering team is remote.
- Design and execute test strategies to ensure reliability at scale for distributed systems
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and provide technical testing support
- Design and build automated test frameworks and tests for cross-cutting system components
- Utilize resiliency and fault ingestion testing techniques (i.e. chaos testing) to troubleshoot and improve the availability of our systems
- Identify and develop testing tools to support implementation of and migration to new, critical system components
- Incorporate site monitoring tools into test strategies
- Build and manage test data and environments in an AWS eco-system
- Communicate test strategies, results, and how-tos in writing
- Plan and breakdown work into visible, traceable, and estimable tasks
- Experience designing and building custom testing tools and frameworks
- Experience testing large/distributed system
- Cloud technology expertise
- Experience in planning and conducting chaos tests
- Polyglot experience in automated functional testing tools
- Knowledge of basic site reliability principles and tools
- US residence and a legal right to work in the US
- Strong experience in .NET/C# environments
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- AWS/Azure exposure
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform across 70,000 locations for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients’ menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed in doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!