Headquarters: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
StarterCookie is a brand-new startup with a mission to help online entrepreneurs find the most effective paths to grow their brands in their niche without all the time-consuming research or trial-and-error dead ends in this complicated digital world.
We consider ourselves a pioneering online business that values entrepreneurial spirit, effective communication, and a culture of innovation. With a strong focus on fostering community interactions and providing comprehensive training videos, we strive to equip entrepreneurs with the tools and knowledge they need to succeed in the digital age.
As our Marketing Manager, you are passionate about marketing and possess exceptional skills in crafting compelling copy for emails, social media, and landing pages. Your extensive experience is backed by a remarkable track record filled with numerous impressive examples to showcase your expertise.
You will contribute to the development of marketing strategies and work closely with the team to execute marketing activities. You also have a strong background in working with entrepreneurs and can empathize with the complexity of building an online business. You love working in teams, and collaborating with other brilliant minds, are a take-charge type personality, outgoing and passionate.
Your experience in front of the camera is valuable. You will be responsible for hosting marketing-related online events within the membership site, as well as creating training videos and collaborating with our social team to produce engaging content. Your comfort in these various roles is vital.
- Type: Remote
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM EST
As a hands-on Marketing Manager, you will lead the development and execution of targeted marketing strategies, with a strong emphasis on small entrepreneurial businesses. Your role includes:
- Writing compelling copy for landing pages, emails, social media, and other marketing channels
- Implementing SEO best practices in content creation for improved search visibility
- Hosting online events within our membership site with a marketing focus
- Creating video content with an emphasis on marketing for the membership site and social media
- Utilizing data analytics to assess the success of strategies implemented
- Preparing regular performance reports for marketing campaigns and making data-driven recommendations
- Strategizing and overseeing robust marketing automation and email marketing campaigns
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including the content team, to align marketing efforts with overall business goals
- Identifying and capitalizing on new business growth opportunities, leveraging your strong background in this area
You will also play a significant role in mentoring and collaborating with the team to address the unique marketing challenges faced by small entrepreneurial businesses.
- Increase in customer acquisition and retention metrics
- ROI of implemented marketing campaigns
- Expansion of brand reach and engagement
- Reports directly to the COO with the opportunity to build and lead a marketing team as the company grows
- A degree in Marketing (nice, but not necessary)
- A minimum of 5 years in a marketing role, preferably within small online businesses
- Expertise in copywriting and content creation with the ability to create engaging content, including blog posts, articles, and video scripts
- Ability to analyze data to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and adjust strategies accordingly
- Proficiency in Asana for project management and Slack for team communication
- Proficiency in email marketing and automation tools
- Ability to think strategically and contribute to the development of marketing and content strategies
- A passion for staying up to date with the latest marketing trends and technologies
- Familiarity with Ontraport and Mighty Networks a plus (nice but not necessary)
This position is easily worth 100K + bonuses, HOWEVER because we’re a bootstrapped start-up, the salary will start lower than the industry standard. We’re offering $70,000 USD per year, and on a contractor basis to begin with.
BUT… this position does come with equity in the company in the form of phantom shares/profit shares that will convert over to stock options in the future. It’ll be in writing and part of the employment contract.
The value of the equity will depend on your experience, but it is generous. You’ll receive the profit share as a bonus at the end of each year.
It’s our full intention to offer benefits once the company has moved out of the start-up phase and into the profit stage.
It is also our intention that once we hit the profit phase, we’ll adjust your salaries back up to industry standards. We believe with a strong Head of Marketing, we’ll hit the profit stage within the first year or less.