Headquarters: Victoria, BC
In 2019, Supercast uncovered a powerful new monetization model that earned podcasters millions of dollars in recurring revenue, by making it easy to deliver member-exclusive content to paying listeners.
The podcast market is exploding, and our early success with high-profile podcasters has put Supercast at the heart of a movement that empowers content creators to earn money directly from their fans.
The problem is, most podcasters still don’t see it.
Even Joe Rogan could have made more with paid subscriptions than he did in selling to Spotify, without giving up any independence, creative freedom or audience reach.
So, we’re on a mission to show podcasters how they can build immense value through subscriptions and that most of what they need is already waiting for them, untapped, within their highly-engaged audience.
And that’s where you come in.
Your role as our Podcaster Partnerships Lead will be to accelerate podcaster acquisition, helping them to see the potential of an audience-supported monetization model and leading them in transforming their business with Supercast.
A typical day would involve:
- Driving an outbound strategy and experimenting with different approaches and verticals to help podcasters launch their paid memberships
- Networking within creative communities to generate new opportunities
- Identifying high-value inbound podcasters as they come in and assisting them to achieve a successful launch and ongoing growth
- Coordinating on-boarding of new customers, bringing in Customer Success and Product to ensure that customers achieve success as quickly as possible.
- Being the podcaster’s champion, relaying needs, feedback and feature requests to the rest of our team.
- Improving sales and customer management processes to help us do an even better job tomorrow.
Being a Podcaster Partnerships Lead requires:
- Strong experience in an outbound sales, partnerships, business development or talent management environment, preferably with creators in podcasting, video or technology-enabled content creation.
- A knack for getting in the door by crafting compelling and thoughtful narratives.
- A solution-oriented mindset. You can align incentives of multiple parties and you’re good at making complex puzzles seem easy.
- Energy and a strong work ethic. You’re the master of your own book of business.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a sense of adventure. You love trying new things, validating and iterating.
- You’re a clear, concise and professional communicator, being equally comfortable talking to influencers as you are executives.
Why you’ll love working at Supercast
We’re a mission-led team that cares deeply about the customers that we serve, the way we build a product and a passionate team culture where we can do our best work together. We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company – everyone’s voice counts.
Supercast is a remote-first company with current team members in Victoria, Vancouver, Toronto, and Oakland. We believe in flexible working and encourage you to work where you feel most inspired, with a preference for work windows within 3 hours of Pacific Standard Time.
As well as a competitive salary you’ll receive all the equipment you need to do a great job, full medical/dental benefits, generous paid vacation (we’ll insist you take at least 4 weeks) and exercise reimbursements to stay fit.
We’re backed by Tiny, a diverse family of companies that prides itself on crafting well-designed, wonderful internet experiences, including podcasting pioneers Castro, DoubleUp and Ride Home Media.