Headquarters: Brooklyn, NY
SuperRare is a well-funded and fast-moving startup on a mission to reinvent the art market for the digital generation. Our platform is a social marketplace for cutting edge digital / 3D / VR creators and a new generation of natively-digital art collectors. We’ve built a vibrant online economy for digital art powered by the Ethereum blockchain, with over $20M earned by artists and collectors over the past two years. We are now growing our team and looking for passionate, creative people to join us on our journey.
Engineering at SuperRare
The core of SuperRare is a cutting edge technology stack bringing together the Ethereum blockchain with immersive 3D and VR visual art. Started by technical founders, a strong engineering culture is at the heart of our company. We love collaboration, cross-functional thinking, and functional programming. We will rely on the Site Reliability Engineer to have responsibility for the deployment, upgrade, security and maintenance of cloud-based (Digital Ocean; IPFS) environments. The SRE will also be first in line for troubleshooting any outages. We are looking for someone that enjoys problem solving on the spot and is comfortable in cross-team interactions.
- Support developers and the infrastructure that delivers the code
- Lightweight on-call rotation
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems procedures, and data security
- Build monitoring and alerting infrastructure with reporting
- Work closely with development teams to improve services, deployments and releases
- Automation of tasks for improved speed and reliability
- Implement, maintain and improve CI/CD processes and tools
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Write detailed documentation
- 2+ years of experience in software development, DevOps, IT admin or similar technical role
- MSSQL, Postgresql or other TSQL experience
- 1+ year of experience working with at least 1 cloud infrastructure provider
- Strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Database admin or scripting with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Haskell build processes (stack, nix, or cabal)
- Working experience in a Terraform, Cloudformation (or equivalent) environment
- Worked with Continuous Integration tools like Packer, Jenkins, Drone or equivalent
- Use of automation tools like Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- Engineering of Containers using Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose
At SuperRare, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. SuperRare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.