The award-winning SUSE Rancher Support team has attracted top talent from across the globe and continues to grow as a distributed team steeped in open-source culture. We are on a mission to support our customers to innovate everywhere, with the power of Kubernetes and we help enterprises deliver Kubernetes-as-a-Service across any infrastructure.
The SUSE Rancher Support team is looking for smart and curious engineers to join us on this mission, where we are striving every day to raise the bar and redefine the category of open-source support. If you are someone who thrives on the challenge of investigating and solving problems across a variety of open-source technologies in the Kubernetes/CNCF universe, you will enjoy the role of SUSE Rancher Support Engineer. It is a role in an expanding universe, where a new adventure awaits almost every day.
In these adventures, the SUSE Rancher Support Engineer is expected to:
- Provide responsive technical support to customers via industry-standard ticketing systems
- Demonstrate an acute awareness for business impact and SLA commitments in customer interactions
- Engage with customers over voice-enabled screen-share sessions. Using tools such as Teams, Zoom, Slack is second nature to this role
- Troubleshoot problems in SUSE Rancher and Kubernetes environments toward root-cause and resolutions
- Provide direction/assistance to your colleagues when triaging complex tickets
- Perform deep dives into product code as necessary to help triage and investigate issues
- Advocate or escalate on behalf of the customer to facilitate solutions and desired outcomes
- Serve as an expert on best practices for administration, upgrades, and updates to SUSE Rancher deployments
- Write content for SUSE Rancher Support KB that is valuable to colleagues and customers
- Create and/or validate architectural design implementation/documentation
- Report precise product defects to the Engineering team. Reproduce customer issues as needed
- Assist product development with testing and verification of customer issues
- Maintain technical and product knowledge to aid investigation of issues
- Analyze trends from tickets toward options for enhancing the overall supportability of SUSE Rancher solutions
- Exemplify the spirit of open-source. Work independently and as a team, from wherever you are
- Embody a work culture that constantly strives to optimize for distributed work
- Embrace accountability on assigned support tickets
- Be available on a rotational basis for on-call escalations, including some weekends
To be successful in this role you should possess:
- Demonstrable experience with Kubernetes and a container runtime such as containers, Docker
- Degree-level education in Computer Science or similar experience
- 3+ years hands-on troubleshooting experience as a Senior Support Engineer or equivalent position
- Strong skills and experience in working in a Linux environment
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging ability of issues. Particularly, in enterprise networking use cases
- Demonstrable scripting experience
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills. All our engineers hop on screen-share calls every day to converse with customers and help them
- Effective written communication skills both for customer communication and creating and maintaining Technical Documentation
- Strong structured and analytical problem-solving skills
- A professional can-do attitude to work under pressure on time-sensitive issues in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work as part of a globally distributed team serving a globally distributed customer base
- Experience interfacing with Engineering and Product Management teams
- Eligibility for gainful employment to work in the country where the position is offered
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Experience with Windows Containerization
- Working knowledge of Terraform and Ansible
- Working knowledge of Git
- Experience with EKS, AKS, GKE
- Familiarity with Rancher, OpenShift, Tanzu, Docker
More about our Benefits:
- Work from home or one of our offices
- Work with a highly skilled and collaborative team
- To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, paid volunteer day for your favorite cause, meeting our team members in other countries, and a lots more.
- The SUSE Rancher Support Engineer role is an opportunity like no other to develop a trail-blazing and specific “skills stack” that comprises Support, Consulting, Inbound Product Management, SRE, and DevOps skills. Especially, for those who might be crushing it already in a subset of these skills and are looking to expand their horizons.
Do these statements resonate with you? Are you are looking for an opportunity that will not just challenge you but help you grow and thrive in a universe governed by these statements?
If yes and yes, the SUSE Rancher Support Engineer may just be your calling .. a call to adventure in the next chapter of your own hero’s journey!