Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antartica! We’re constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply or drop us a line, we’d love to talk to you!
What you will be doing
We are looking for a talented and experienced SysOps Engineer to help us maintain our server infrastructure and make sure every site always runs smoothly on our servers.
You will be involved in updating key parts of our architecture, proactively making sure all our servers are stable and resolving emergencies. This involves:
- Creating new Google Cloud virtual machines
- Assisting the Support team by investigating bugs and issues reported by our clients affecting our infrastructure or platform
- Monitoring our infrastructure and responding to instances of high load. Investigating the issue, taking steps to stabilize the infrastructure, documenting the steps taken, communicating lessons learned for the improvement of the team, and proposing changes to avoid a recurrence
- Responding immediately to any system outages during a scheduled 8-hour shift
- Reviewing firewall rules and making necessary adjustments in response to malicious traffic reaching our platform
- Assisting the DevOps team in the development of new tools and in the refinement of existing tools
This role’s shift need is Monday to Friday 12pm-8pm UTC.
- 5 years of experience working with Ubuntu
- Excellent general understanding of Linux, cloud networking and server management
- Experience with the standard WordPress stack (PHP, MySQL, WordPress)
- Deep knowledge of LXC
- Experience working with ZFS
- Deep knowledge of Google Cloud based server architecture
- Strong experience automating against firewalls and network infrastructure (iptables)
- Experience writing Bash, Python and Ansible scripts
- Experience working with ELK stack
- Technical awareness and ability to quickly understand new technologies
- 4-year undergraduate / Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or computer science
- Database query optimization
- Experience with WP-CLI
- Experience with Nginx
- LUA scripting knowledge
- Having worked in JIRA
- We offer a relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace
- We do not have any investors and we do not work directly with clients. This means we rarely have any deadlines and have the luxury of thinking features through and implementing them correctly instead of quickly
- Everyone has a voice in the development process
- We have an amazing design (UI and UX) team so development receives fully researched and designed tasks
- We work with only the newest and best technology
This is a fully-remote role. You can work from anywhere with reliable internet access.
If you want to learn more about Kinsta and what it’s like to work for our team, head to our website, Kinsta.com, and look for the About Us link in the footer.