Headquarters: Toronto, ON, Canada
Looking for a Growth-Minded eCommerce Email Marketing Superstar!
This is a dream role designed for a high-achiever who is looking for something different. A role at a place where results are more important than hours spent, where we don’t care where you’re working from, a place that cares about you just as much as our clients. We’re building a different kind of workplace and looking for someone special to join us.
- Do you want to grow your skills without burning out or being under-appreciated?
- Are you looking to flex that creative mind of yours in an environment that supports problem solving and experimentation?
- Do you geek out about the latest in eCommerce and email marketing industry news?
- Does the opportunity to drive incredible results for clients excite you?
We’re building a team of the most talented digital marketers distributed across the globe, so if you’re a driven, smart and an analytical email marketer who is passionate about taking their skills and career to the next level – this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Who We Are
We’re a group of talented eCommerce marketers focused on helping D2C eCommerce brands scale profitability. I’m Jason, the founder, and I’ve worked on the consulting and agency side for 20+ years with large brands like Air Canada, Smuckers, Folgers, Nivea, Bick’s, TD Bank, Microsoft, RBC and many more.
We don’t believe in a “9-5” culture or standard 40 hour work weeks. We believe in delivering impact on time and on schedule. We believe in letting every employee set their own hours and to have the work-life balance they deserve.
We don’t believe in growth for the sake of growth. Bigger is NOT better. Better is better. We believe that incredible growth can happen without stress and burnout. Life is too short to be miserable for the sake of a paycheque. We work hard to hire people we enjoy working with, people that love what they do and we find clients with the same values. They must respect our teams, appreciate their talent and be people we genuinely want to help.
We see a new way for agencies to operate and we’re excited for the future.
Our goal is to make a real measurable impact on those around us.
For our clients, our goal is to help 50 entrepreneurs scale to at least $1MM in profit over the next 3 years.
For our team, our goal is for them to live their best life while doing work they love. That means supporting personal and professional growth, encouraging time for passions outside of work, and helping them grow without sacrificing their personal life.
For our community, we want to give back a % of our profits to not-for-profits we care about as a team. Our goal is to become a B-Corp in 3 years.
Making an impact is at the core of our mission. We don’t work to just get paid. We do work that makes an impact and believe in this win-win scenario for everyone around us.
Skills We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for someone who is…
- Passionate – Has a deep understanding of email marketing – this isn’t your first email marketing job. You have some experience in-house or at an agency and really understand eCommerce email. You don’t just know email, you really geek out about it.
- A Clear Communicator – You’re a polished writer who is comfortable creating content and editing your own work without much oversight.
- Proactive – Is a self-starter who won’t take no for an answer. You hate being micromanaged and figure things out on your own. You love to learn and are always trying to grow.
- Organized – Does what they say they are going to do. It should drive you nuts when someone doesn’t follow through. Deadlines, proactive communication, and just getting shit done is what you’re about.
- Positive – Looks for what they can do better and doesn’t make excuses or blame others when things don’t go well. You’re a team player and bring a positive energy.
- Analytical / Problem Solver – You believe in data-driven insights. Driving results to you starts with understanding where we are now so you can make an educated plan about where we’re going to go.
- Klaviyo experience
- Copywriting experience
- SMS Marketing experience
- Client facing account management experience
Who This is Not For:
- Someone who needs and waits for someone else to tell them what to do
- Someone who thinks they know everything or learning ended with school
- Someone who doesn’t genuinely love email marketing
We Hire the Best, Regardless of Their Location, Gender, Race.
We think great work can be done anywhere by anyone with the right mindset and talent. We run a fully remote global agency with members around the world.
Want to go work a year in Bali? Need more flexibility to take care of your kids? We don’t just enable, we encourage our team to find the right balance in their lives to generate their best work. It’s not about clocking hours in an office or sitting in meetings – it’s about results.
We’re looking for people who can demonstrate they hold themselves to a higher standard in everything they do.
Responsibilities Include (But are not limited to):
- Putting together project briefs and working closely with our talented team of designers, copywriters and developers to execute flawlessly.
- Reviewing and putting together monthly reporting across clients with a focus on actionable insights.
- Ability to make edits to copy, design or templates as needed to speed up internal and client reviews. As a little test of your attention to detail, please make sure you include the words “Let’s go Raptors” in the first paragraph of question 1 in the application notes.
- Working in Klaviyo to review flows, forms, segmentation, reporting, etc.
- Creating strategies and priorities around email campaigns, list growth, flow optimizations
- QA all deliverables before they go live as the final quality checkpoint.
- Project managing client deliverables to make sure they are done well and on time.
Salary and Benefits:
- This job will start with a 2 to 4 week trial period (hours to be negotiated based on your availability). The role will be full-time hours (approx. 35 hours per week) after the trial period.
- Salary is dependent on experience
- Stipend for training & growth
- Performance based bonuses
- Flexibility to work from anywhere (remote)
- Unlimited vacation time
HOW TO APPLY
Create a cover letter that answers the following questions:
1. Why do you think you’re the “Email Superstar” we’re looking for? Describe why you’re a consistent high-achiever and your biggest strength. Give SPECIFIC examples of past achievements to your successes.
(TIP) If you literally only had 30 seconds with me in an elevator, what would you say is your biggest accomplishment?
2. What attracted you to this role?
3. What’s the last book you read? What did you learn from reading it?
4. What do you do for fun outside of work?
5. Explain what you’re doing now for work and why you’re looking elsewhere.
Once you complete your cover letter, follow the application link to apply.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/taken-digital-looking-for-a-growth-minded-ecommerce-email-marketing-superstar