Pelago is the worldâs leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago’s suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
In this role, you will work closely with our recruiters and hiring managers to find incredible candidates to interview for all roles across the business. As a Sourcer, you will develop practical and creative ways to seek out and pipeline leading talent, and build meaningful networks with passive candidates through a highly engaged and diversity-driven approach. Working at Pelago means changing member lives while shaping your own future. As a member of the People team, youâll solve complex problems across the organization as we empower and enable you to do your best work. We nurture our team of Pelagonians with a sea of support as we break down barriers to substance use care that works.
To fill this role, you must have proven experience sourcing, recruiting, and partnering with business stakeholders to hire top talent across many business areas including clinical, engineering, sales, G&A, and operations. This will be a remote role, supporting a team of recruiters hiring nationwide, ideally located in commutable distance to our NYC office for weekly lunches and teamwork. You have a sense of urgency, proven success in a similar role, a clear communication style, and a passion for candidate experience.
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand requirements of each role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Partner with recruiters to manage pipelines and source talent across multiple areas of the business, including clinical and non-clinical roles
- Ensure pipelines are filled with top quality candidates who connect with our mission and reflect Pelagoâs values
- Balance responsibilities across multiple roles and stakeholders according to agreed upon priorities
- Develop a deep understanding of Pelagoâs product, organizational model, cross-functional talent needs and competitor landscape
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on sourcing campaigns and referral generation
- Find, engage and activate passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Screen resumes and conduct initial screens with candidates to determine basic qualifications
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Build and share knowledge of skills, target companies, conferences, and open source communities with recruiters and hiring managers
- Innovate and drive diversity sourcing strategies with the support of our People team
- Utilize data for reporting and influencing hiring decisions, while maintaining data integrity
- Follow-up on employee referrals
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
The background we’re looking for
- Youâre a sourcer who loves sourcing – you derive great satisfaction from taking candidates through a journey from passive, prospective talent to active, interested candidate and knowing that your important work is a force multiplier for the entire recruiting team
- Youâre creative â youâre willing to try new things, experiment, and come up with different ways to uncover and find new talent
- Youâre relentless â you donât give up easily, and are always up for a hard challenge
- Youâre curious â always asking good questions and digging deeper into search criteria to follow more leads
Our teams at Pelago are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Pelago is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.