There are so many job descriptions for IT positions that don’t actually capture the essence of the role, we’re writing down what we’re looking for in hopes that this person (you?) is out there:
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job, and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you really focus on it
- When you take on a task whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability
- You’ll focus on providing great support for our teammates and protecting their devices
- You are confident troubleshooting different operating systems and managing several cloud-based applications
As an IT Support Analyst you will:
- Handle access provisioning and deprovisioning. Maintain user accounts, passwords, etc.
- Manage cloud-based applications such as GSuite, Jamf, Jira and 1Password
- Manage our hardware asset inventory (Jira Service Desk)
- Coordinate hardware repairs and upgrades with the team
- Manage our MDM solution (Jamf). Implement security policies and controls as needed, and in accordance with our internal information security policies
- Perform application software maintenance duties; install and test software application patches and upgrades via our MDM solution, Jamf
- Assist users with applications, troubleshooting, debugging and resolving a variety of business-process related issues
- Triage and provide support to our internal team through our ticketing system (Jira Service Desk)
- Help to evaluate hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects
- Resolve problems in a timely manner by providing excellent support
- Serve as the main point of contact for any IT related issues
- Great macOS and Windows troubleshooting skills (Linux a plus)
- You are awesome at providing technical support and love solving problems
- You are always learning and expanding your technical expertise in IT supported technologies
- Experience troubleshooting and independently resolving software issues
- Able to write clear and concise documentation with guidelines on IT related processes
- You understand the importance of asset inventory and how to maintain an organized help desk
- You love standards and understand that consistency and an adherence to methodologies helps any organization scale
- Experience with account administration and Identity Management tools
- Familiar with cloud native companies and tech stacks
- Experience working with ticketing systems (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow, etc)
- Have remote communication down to a science (chat, video, email, etc).
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation
- Company holidays, plus mandatory Birthday holiday
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees
- 4 hours volunteer time per month
- Biannual all-company in person summits (paid for by us, of course!)
- $250 Home office stipend
- 401k Plan
- Equity in a profitable company
- Monthly perks reimbursement to appreciate your teammates, Netflix, Amazon Prime, gym membership, home internet etc.)