Headquarters: Washington, USA
The Giving Block makes it easy for nonprofits to accept cryptocurrency donations like bitcoin while also offering donors a more tax-efficient way to support their favorite causes. We are the market-leading provider and work with 1400+ nonprofits, including some of the largest like United Way Worldwide and American Cancer Society. We are raising millions of dollars worth of crypto per month and are growing quickly.
Our goal is to make accepting cryptocurrency donations just as easy as credit card donations. Join us in equipping millions of nonprofits around the world to accept cryptocurrency donations so they can unlock a new wave of funding. We’re bringing nonprofits to the forefront of technological innovation.
The Giving Block is part of Shift4 (NYSE: FOUR), the leader in commerce-enabling technology, powering billions of transactions annually for hundreds of thousands of businesses in virtually every industry.
Now we are building a new generation of infrastructure around Kubernetes and processes around this infrastructure that will allow us to scale according to the plans that we have. You will work closely with our Senior DevOps Engineer and Development Team on finding and building best-fit solutions for our new infrastructure. The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in development of the platform that will serve as a heart for our products. As with most startups, your work will vary from day to day, so no two days will be the same. If it’s a good fit, you will have the opportunity to take on leadership roles.
Key technologies you will work with: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, GitLab, Helm, Vault, Grafana, Loki, VictoriaMetrics.
Here are some examples of the work you will be doing every day:
- Develop and monitor infrastructure components (AWS, EKS, Helm, Terraform, Vault)
- CI/CD automation (we use GitLab)
- Help Devs and QAs to work with running services
- Implement security practices
- Write Terraform code and Helm charts
- 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer
- Deep knowledge of modern cloud environments (AWS preferable)
- 4+ years of experience with Kubernetes, good knowledge of Helm
- Good understanding of CI/CD (we use GitLab), CI/CD pipelines
- Solid experience with Terraform
- Experience of work with distributed and highly available systems
- Knowledge of Grafana/VictoriaMetrics/VictoriaAlerts
- Strong communication skills in English
We count as a plus
- Solid knowledge of PostgreSQL in RDS environment
- Experience with AgroCD and/or Drone CI
- Experience of writing Terraform Modules
- Deep knowledge of RBAC in Kubernetes
- A lot of experience with GitLab
- Software Development experience (Go, Python)
- Interest in blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and/or non-profits
- Experience of work with fully-remote and international teams
- Experience of work in startup environment
What we offer
- Competitive compensation (salary, benefits, equity, etc.)
- Three weeks of paid vacation and 10+ company-wide holidays
- Flexible work location and hours (fully remote)
- Company issued laptop and equipment
- We work with agile methodologies without unnecessary bureaucracy
We’re building the future of giving. Join us in creating positive change through innovative technology!