This position requires in-depth knowledge of AWS services and cloud computing, and the ability to communicate architectural trade-offs & design options, so that Tutuka can make informed decisions. You will work closely with our product owners, application engineers, and security team to identify work that improves the stability, security, and self-service nature of our infrastructure, driving those ideas and projects from inception to completion.
Be part of improving our solutions:
- Position, architect and support the implementation of Amazon Web Service-based solutions.
- Design, build and migrate applications, software, and services on the AWS platform.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to clients.
- Provide hands-on subject matter expertise and ensure that the tooling to deploy and manage our infrastructure is automated, secure, and easy for our developers to use.
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of new technologies and development of new services.
- Support the core infrastructure for our existing test and production environments and participating in a 24×7 on-call rotation to assist other engineers in quickly debugging and resolving production-related issues.
- Identify and collect metrics that allow the product development team to pinpoint areas for improvement and measure change.
Working with us:
- Have 8+ years of experience in software development and solution architecture.
- Be accomplished with leveraging Amazon Web Services Software Development Kit (SDK) with a grounded understanding of AWS services and best practices in terms of their application; CloudFormation Templates, Infrastructure as Code Configuration management tools, CI/CD tools and Monitoring tools.
- Be passionate about identifying constraints or bottlenecks in engineering lifecycles and automating them.
- Manage and maintain system performance, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
- Research, analyse, design, propose and support the delivery of solutions that are appropriate for Tutuka’s business and technology strategies.
- Partner with development and operations teams to develop practical automation solutions and custom modules. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions that move projects forward promptly.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact and be involved with client negotiations and interfacing with management.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Be passionate about learning new things and solving problems.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- An eye for security – demonstrated understanding of how to operate pipelines at scale while maintaining the security and integrity of sensitive data.
- Experience deploying computational workloads on Kubernetes or other workload managers.
- English is our company language, so it’s important that you be able to communicate at a fluent level.
- This is a full-time, remote contractor position and we are looking for candidates in EMEA / Asia.
- Flexible hours are a must for our remote team. You’ll need to be able to occasionally shift your work hours to a schedule aligned with Johannesburg, South Africa (GMT+2).
We focus on building strong, diverse teams, embracing Tutukans with different backgrounds, experiences and talents.