Headquarters: Dubai / Johannesburg
Our current data management and storage system in AWS already relies on RDS, S3, Kinesis, and Data Pipeline. We will expect you to have input and work on everything related to data and data analytics. This includes solution choice and design for real-time and batch data processing, database administration, data modelling, reporting, A/B testing and much more.
What will your day involve?
- Setting up, monitoring and maintaining SQL Server instances
- Monitoring SQL Server transaction logs and SQL Server backup and restore process
- Monitoring, tuning and extending our SQL data warehouse solution
- Optimizing SQL Server queries
- Designing/Creating/Managing, and administering our AWS databases (RDS and Aurora) to guarantee continuous and high availability of the data
- Designing and building pipelines to replicate data with the on-premise SQL environment as needed
- Participating in technical and architectural discussions to help select the best technologies for future growth
- Helping us implementing a data-driven mindset in the company
- Managing our visualization and reporting tools and ensuring they integrate gracefully with our data storage solution
- Occasionally building dashboards to expose data to the business users
- You have at least 3+ years’ experience with AWS database experience and 6+ Years experience administrating Microsoft SQL Server
- You are experienced with continuous deployment and integration tools such as AWS CodeBuild, Jenkins, or CircleCI
- You are flexible to adapt quickly to changing priorities within a very dynamic environment, work well under pressure and set the pace on delivery as a design leader
- We believe everyone has ideas to contribute to our objective of continuous improvement, so you will be expected to take ownership and bring ideas to the table, and also inspire others in the team to do the same
- You are determined to achieve top-quality results in all projects you are working on
- Confidence in taking on challenging conversations and situations collaborate with each area of the company to get to the best product for our users
- Passion for the craft and love of technology and a self-starter
- Support the core team and participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation to assist other engineers in resolving production-related issues.
- English is our company language, so it’s important that you be able to communicate at a fluent level.
- This is a full-time, remote contractor position and we are looking for candidates in EMEA / South East Asia.
- Flexible hours are a must for our remote team. You’ll need to be able to occasionally shift your work hours to a schedule aligned with Johannesburg, South Africa (GMT+2).