Headquarters: Washington, DC
Upright Labs, the leader in multi-channel inventory management for second-hand inventory is hiring a Customer Success Specialist to support and delight customers. We make it really easy for second-hand retailers to manage inventory and sell online, everywhere. Our software, Upright Lister, processes thousands of items each month and has helped retailers sell millions in inventory.
In this role, you will be supporting customers via live chat between 9am-6pm EST and using their feedback to create feature requests and bug tickets for our development team. This role will also entail expanding on and improving our help center articles, creating internal tools to allow for more streamlined support, and assisting with onboarding new customers to our software.
If you enjoy working at startups, wearing lots of hats, and delighting customers, you’ll fit in perfectly.
What you’ll do
In this role you’ll spend ~50% of your time on live chat, ~40% on creation of documents and guides and ~10% talking with customers via video chat. See below for more specifics:
- Support our customers via live chat and email through tools like Intercom
- Work closely with our engineering team to develop features and tools our customers need/want
- Build out internal tools to further automate and streamline the process of providing technical support to clients
- Document product announcements, features, and FAQ’s
- Assist with onboarding new customers to Upright Lister
- Help design automated learning and development resources for new clients
- Talk to customers monthly via video chat to make sure their needs are met
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience working in a customer facing role (support, sales, hospitality, etc.)
- Healthy customer obsession and focus on delivering exceptional client experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You can translate technical ideas for non-technical audiences
- Ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Positive attitude and eagerness to get the job done
- You stay organized and follow up with everyone you’ve promised to follow up with
- You’re proactive and able to identify if a customer is unhappy or at risk of churning
- Experience with SQL would be a plus but not a requirement
- Experience in ecommerce would be a plus but not a requirement
- Must be based in North America and willing to work in EST time zone
What you’ll get
- Work from your home or wherever you do your work best
- The opportunity to work with a high caliber team at a growing start-up
- Health insurance, 401k match
- Generous vacation policy
- Monthly donation matching to 501.3.c organizations
- Work on a rockstar team!
How to apply
To apply please submit your application via this form. Please note, candidates who do not submit the application form will not be considered. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. We are committed to following up with all candidates and appreciate your interest!
Upright Labs is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.
Salary range: $50-65K depending on experience