You’ll be the first SRE at Urbantz and part of your responsibility will be to help us to hire people to grow the team and, if you are interested in such a position, lead this team in the future.
Today we are facing common challenges of a fast-growing company:
- Our product evolves quickly
- Transforming from one to multiple stream-aligned teams
- Our mindset is “You build it, you run it”. But at this stage, we have a lack of knowledge regarding “Ops”. Our goal is to avoid silos, and creating an Ops team was never an option.
- Following the DevOps principles, we want to bring Ops mindset into our Stream-aligned teams. You will, first, act as a doer by implementing good practices and processes, but one of key focus areas will be to act as an enabler.
- We follow the principles of the book Team Topologies (https://teamtopologies.com/) with autonomous and cross-functional teams (called Stream-aligned team), and a Platform Team who build a digital platform (https://martinfowler.com/articles/talk-about-platforms.html) for the other team.
- We have two Stream-aligned Teams composed of ~5 Software Engineers, 1 QA, 1 PM and 1 EM
- We have a Platform Team of 3 Platform Engineers
- Define some SLO in collaboration with the entire Engineering Team
- Improve observability of our systems through monitoring and alerting
- Be an active contributor in the culture of authoring blameless post-mortems by conducting post-incident reviews
- Improve and document our release process, service setup, teardown and failover
- Create an operational playbook/runbook
- Put in place a disaster recovery testing at least annually
- Optimize on-call rotations and processes
- Teach engineers in stream-aligned teams about SRE practices
- Understanding and experience in managing cloud infrastructure and platforms, such as AWS and Azure
- Experience with production system administration and web operations
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and Load balancers setup and troubleshooting
- Experience in massive-scale web operations
- MongoDB and general database NoSQL knowledge, including performance and optimization
- Experience with Monitoring tools (Grafana)
- Excellent information management practices, such as detailed documentation, usage of wikis, and other collaboration tools
- Strong comprehension of continuous integration and continuous deployment methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Join a winning team. Great people that work hard but have fun doing that.
- A fast-growing company where you are given a lot of autonomy and trust.
- Enter the promising, ever-growing world, of last mile logistics.
- A competitive package
- You can make a huge impact, and grow with the company.
- If you want to just “work” somewhere, we probably aren’t the right place. If you want to make a serious difference with positive, real-world implications, then we want to see you!