Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works â for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – United States only (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 â $96/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long term
About The Role
The contractor in this role will:
- Partner with team members to guide product development and refinement, drawing on expertise in user research and UX standards
- Independently define project scope and apply appropriate methodologies to manage a research "portfolio" of foundational and evaluative insights
- Conduct on-site, remote, and in-field user research studies with buyers and sellers (as needed)
- Share tangible findings and prioritized recommendations on a regular basis, to encourage marketplace health and drive our clientâs business goals
- Manage third-party research vendors (e.g., research agencies, moderators) as needed
- Manage additional tasks and responsibilities as required by the role, at the discretion of the UX Research Manager
This role will support our clientâs Seller Platform team, which lives within the Seller Experience group. The contractor in this position will play a big role in shaping their seller mobile app strategy, and will also be contributing to the overall seller experience – this means that they may work on a breadth of projects that fall within this domain.
- 5+ years experience conducting UX research, employing methods such as in-depth user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, and usability testing
- Ability to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods and a deep understanding of modern trends in app design
- Experience leading research at different parts of the product development process, from discovery to delivery
- You are a strong communicator and storyteller, with the ability to hold your own in a meeting and present research findings with a customer-centric perspective
- You are ambitious, meticulous, and able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience working with SQL, Qualtrics, remote testing tools, or experiment design
- Mobile app experience
- This role will support leave coverage for a member of the team and is unlikely to extend after the initial term.
- This role is open to remote candidates who are based in the US and offers remote, flex, or on-site work modes. Candidatesâ available working hours should include 11a-2p EST.
- Any specific time zone requirements/working hours?
- Any possibility for an extension/going permanent?
- Candidates will attend two 45-minute interviews; the first will be a hiring manager screen, and the second will be a case study with another research manager. Please share the case study details below with candidates ahead of their second interview:
- During your case study, they ask that you share an in-depth case study of a project that you’ve worked on, starting from the very beginning and going all the way through to the projectâs completion. This exercise is meant to give you a chance to introduce yourself and your work, and to give us a sense of your presentation style and work style. They’d like you to focus on a recent research project and discuss how you tackled it from start to finish. Addressing the types of challenges, triumphs, and insights you provided to the business and why you approached the project the way you did. This presentation should take 20 minutes to present.
- Though the call is 45 minutes, it should be conversational, so the interviewer will likely ask you questions throughout. They also want you to have time for questions, so use that when considering the timing.
About The Team
- Research is a core part of their product development culture, alongside Product Management, Engineering, Design, and Analytics.
- Their team focuses on using research to guide the development of buyer and seller experiences in their dynamic marketplace of unique items.
- Our client collaborates with their partner teams through all stages of product development, from identifying initial opportunities to refining the user experience to analyzing the impact of their efforts and highlighting improvement areas.
- Theyâre a mixed methods team, applying a deep bench of user research approaches across both quantitative and qualitative methods.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and weâd welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.