Headquarters: Chapel Hill, NC
We leverage organic search discovery platforms such as Google, Pinterest, Quora, and Facebook to drive traffic to our sites and monetize via programmatic advertising, performance marketing (affiliate), and lead generation activities.
Having established a successful playbook for traffic generation, we are now looking to develop our email marketing & marketing automation competency!
We are looking for an experienced email strategist to help us scope and design a modular playbook “building block” approach for our email engagement campaigns.
We have exposure to many different verticals, so if you love varied work (never a dull moment), we would love you on our team!
- Develop high level portfolio wide email marketing strategy
- Develop effective email capture strategies
- Design automation sequences to bring readers back on site for evergreen content
- Design sequences to bring readers back on site for new content
- Design sales oriented sequences for partner offers and solutions
- Develop best practices and SOPs for email marketing build-outs for specific sites
- Train and mentor (as need) junior specialists on email marketing plan implementation
- Customize (as needed) SOP for specific site launches and implementations (many different verticals)
- Interface with “C Suite” team, to include CEO, COO, Content Managers, Marketing & Branding teams
- Assist Brand Partnership Team with sponsored placements as it relates to email distribution
- Analyze data to improve CTRs, engagement, retention, and sales
- 2+ years email marketing experience
- Content marketing experience
- Experience writing engaging email sequences
- Self starter, able to initiate and take responsibility for growth initiatives
- Experience with specific ESPs (we have used ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, Drip, although platform agnostic)
- Flexible work schedule, no strict hours required (limit of 1 weekly standing meeting…. we hate unnecessary meetings!)
- Ability to craft your own role within the scope, we can build a team around you
- Flexible contract rates based on experience ($30-60 per hour comensurate)
- Long term, with potential to grow into full-time or equivalent role (if desired)