About the opportunity
Wavelo is an emerging leader in the SaaS space. We have the tech, the talent, and a history of innovation in the industry. Our two outstanding product offerings are ISOS (Internet Service Operating System) and MONOS (Mobile Network Operating System). These products connect and orchestrate subscriber management, provisioning of fiber and wireless internet (WISP) and mobile network service, rates and usage monitoring, customer support, network performance and field operations. At Wavelo, the orchestration between the various tools is handled via event-driven architecture. This offers the advantages of traditional OSS/BSS software – it is faster, easier to modify and expand, allows for plug-and-play with other best-of-class software, and handles scale at lower cost better than traditional architecture.
Are you looking to join a tightly-knit Agile startup environment?
As a Software Support Engineer, you’ll be joining a multi-disciplinary team, working to deliver efficient results and exceed customer expectations. You will act as the main technical point of contact for our client(s), to resolve their needs and issues. For each issue, you will complete a comprehensive analysis to find opportunities to implement solutions. You will be responsible for identifying and validating critical issues alongside the Development and Engineering teams. Further, this role is responsible for creating, developing, and gathering support requirements to provide exceptional service to our clients by bridging the gap between customers and the team at Wavelo.
The Software Support Engineers will be encouraged to stay ahead of solution-specific technologies and methodologies. This is necessary to understand a customer’s issue, develop potential workarounds, and work with the organization to log defects and communicate software releases. Software Support Engineers need to be able to work in several testing environments, and to work in multifaceted customer environments.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
Who You Are:
- Understanding of web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON and XML), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST).
- Able to write code in at least one language (Python, Ruby, or PHP preferred).
- Proficient at interacting with and suggesting improvements to different UI platforms.
- Experience with asynchronous request/response.
- Ability to support a 24/7 support environment as needed.
- Experience supporting customers in B2B software / SaaS implementations or Technical Support.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical subject area is an asset.
- Excellent prioritization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to articulate sophisticated topics, issues and resolutions both orally and in writing – especially when communicating with customers.
- Previous experience working as a developer preferred
- Experience with OpenAPI documentation platforms like Stoplight, JIRA, APM tools (Application Performance Monitoring) preferred
What You’ll Do
- Work with clients to solve sophisticated software problems using your industry-standard diagnostic methodologies
- Communicate relevant updates asynchronously to clients to maintain trust and confidence.
- Develop and test possible workarounds for problems until root cause has been discovered and a permanent fix has been implemented.
- Collaborate with our engineers and developers to participate in debugging, API integration, root cause analysis.
- Assist in the manual QA process for new platform features and/or perform platform testing across multiple environments to ensure our software runs when infrastructure upgrades are released.
- Apply customer feedback to drive improvements in our products; raise feature requests on behalf of customers’ use cases.
- Create and maintain our knowledge base of product details, standard methodologies, known defects, workarounds and solutions
- Extend our support infrastructure by crafting and writing diagnostic tools/scripts
$50,000 – $70,000/year
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Wavelo and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/wavelo-software-support-analyst