The agricultural industry is undergoing a profound change. Tightening regulatory requirements, reduced subsidies and changing sustainability needs of the society. These are a few of the wider trends in the sector that require farmers to change their approach and sharpen their focus. Data and technology give farmers the insight and opportunity to reverse the long-term decline in profitability and optimise their businesses for the future.
Want to make a difference?
Yagro is on a mission to help farmers become more financially sustainable, by offering breakthrough software tools and commercial insight. We’re developing a trusted, independent data platform for farmers to gain visibility and control over their businesses and gain an edge in the market.
The opportunity is massive. Come capture it with us.
Up for a challenge?
We are an established, award-winning leader in commercial AgTech software, with hundreds of UK farming customers, strong revenue since launch in 2016, and long-term financial support to reach our mission: make farming profitable and sustainable.
We are operating within an industry characterised by manual processes and poor information exchange. We need to distil a complex and opaque supply chain with multiple actors into a simple, elegant and scalable multi-user platform, with industry-leading analytics and data insights.
That’s where you come in
You’ll join the core engineering team at Yagro, an experienced and ambitious group of people, and will play a role in shaping and delivering the company’s vision to 2025 and beyond.
We are looking for people with some of the following skills:
- Experience managing AWS resources
- Proficiency with Terraform / Cloud Formation & Kubernetes
- Expertise in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell
- CI/CD Experience (gitlab or similar)
- Working with PostgresQL & Relational Databases
- Appreciation for unit, component and e2e testing
- Experience with containerisation technologies such as Docker
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix systems
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps engineering
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We need you to create meaningful, lasting software which delivers an immediate impact to our customers. We have ready demand for the next generation of our platform, which will focus on predictive data analytics and enterprise insights. Along-side this, our current core platform will be deployed across multiple instances including international, requiring sharp deployment management.
So what will you be responsible for?
Working with other engineers you are expected to:
- Develop and maintain automated deployment and continuous integration pipelines
- Monitor and optimise system performance and availability
- Monitor and maintain database instances
- Utilise security best practices to ensure compliance with all security policies
- Create and maintain documentation for DevOps processes and procedures
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure successful deployments
- Support, troubleshoot and debug issues with existing solutions
A little bit more..
- No dress code
- Flexitime: We expect everyone to get their work done, but if you need to deal with your kids or mix your day up a little and cover some time in the evening, you’re welcome to do so.
- Company events: We have a Summer and Winter Bonanza! You’ll have to join to find out more 🙂
- Company pension: Matching contributions up to 10%
- Free parking: If you decide to visit the Cambridge office, we have free on-site parking.
- Work from home: We’re a remote-first company and have team members within +1/-1 BST
- Paid training and development: Each team member is allocated a training budget to use towards their professional development.
- Equipment allowance: You will be provided with all equipment required to work with our platform. This includes but is not limited to: MacBook Pro M1 Max, Monitor, Keyboard & Mouse. Any other requirements can be discussed.
- Flexible schedules: Working with your leads we accept a flexible working schedule and also allow our team members to work abroad for 4 weeks at a time (twice per year) – We have teams made up of many nationalities and some use this as an opportunity to work remotely from family locations.
What are we looking for?
- A smart developer who has experience delivering great quality products to customers.
- This is a web service, so knowledge of databases, web frameworks, browsers, mobile apps, UI and UX.
- Someone who cares about the whole development process: with a small team we have to take the responsibility for design, research, testing, deployments and operations.
- Responsibility, as you will own projects.
- An active participant in a learning environment and desire to iteratively improve yourself, the team and the company as a whole.
- No time for nonsense – just love getting stuff done.
- Above all, you’re excited by our vision and share our core values: we’re always learning; always looking for new challenges; we inspire each other; we are open and honest; we trust each other and aren’t afraid to give or accept responsibility and autonomy; and we have fun!
For the right person, there’s a strong salary, whatever equipment you need and a license to transform an industry and improve the lives of users across the globe.
Right to work
You are required to prove you have a Right To Workfor the United Kingdom.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/yagro-ltd-senior-devops-engineer